Thursday, February 8, 2024

Thankful Thursday






I'm linking up with Jennifer for Thankful Thursday this week!

Mercie turned 16 this week! She got her driver's license and has started driving her little brothers to school each day. It's nice having a driver here again! With Eli at college, I miss having someone that run around for me when I need them to!

Rod's grandfather turned 92 the same day as Mercie turned 16. We went up to his house and had cake and ice cream to celebrate. He's on hospice and doesn't have much longer in this life. Rod is thankful for the time he had with him, and I'm thankful that my kids have been able to get to know him.




I'm thankful for the nice weather we've been having. It makes such a difference being able to spend time outside with the two little ones during than day rather than being cooped up inside all the time. 



I'm thankful Zeke learned how to swing himself on the swings! He is so proud of himself and pushes himself to swing higher and higher each time.


I'm thankful that I've gotten a few days of pretty good sleep this week. Last week was awful with me unable to fall asleep or stay asleep! 

I'm thankful that Mikaela, Daniel, and Mikenna will be home this weekend. I've missed them so much this month that they've been in Virginia with her husband! He is a pipeliner, so he travels for work and she sometimes spends large chunks of time with him.



There is always so much to be thankful for, but I'm going to leave you with this verse: 


Linking up with Jennifer:




5 comments:

  1. So many good things to be thankful for- yah for good sleep, birthday celebrations, nice weather and another driver in the house! How wonderful that you´ll get to see your family that´s been away. I can imagine how that makes your mama heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so excited to see my grandbabies! And my disgusted of course. And another driver in the house is such a blessing!

      Delete
  2. Aw, so many good things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things to be thankful for this week. I enjoyed hearing about your thankfulls.
    Thanks bunches for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete