Tuesday, February 27, 2024

ABC Jesus Loves Me: Year One, Week Ten


Zoey completed week ten in ABC Jesus Loves Me this week. We are using Year One, the free curriculum. Zoey turned 17 months old this week. Here is a picture of her lesson plans and weekly objective poster from this week:


MONDAY:

Zeke spent the night at my mom's Sunday night, so Monday morning it was just Zoey and I (and the older kids since they were out of school for President's Day). We read the book Barnyard Dance, which is one of our favorite books by Sandra Boynton. I found our horse stamp from our Melissa and Doug farm animal stamp set and showed Zoey how to push it on the orange ink pad and stamp the horse worksheet. She liked this, so I'll have to use stamps more often with her! 




Next, I gave her an empty ice cube tray and some orange pom-poms. I showed her how to put one in each compartment, but she didn't really do it. She put about three in and out of the same one! She played with this for about five minutes before losing interest. I kept it in the dining room to pull out again this week.






TUESDAY:

I used a rubber band to attach an orange marker to an orange truck, and Zoey "drove" the truck all over the H is for House worksheet. She liked this, but she kept wanting to take the rubber band off and play with it!





I put some orange craft sticks inside an empty plastic Miracle Whip container for Zoey to dump out and put back in. She did this several times throughout the day, and I'm glad I left it out for her!





She also used a crayon to color her Color Train worksheet. One more color, and we'll be finished with this project! 


WEDNESDAY:

We're cycling back through the shapes now, and instead of water-painting a shape, we're supposed to be using a spray bottle on a coffee filter with the shape drawn on with a marker. The spray bottle I had was difficult for Zoey for squeeze, so I 'helped' her spray the coffee filter. I'm going to try another spray bottle for next week.





Then I printed out a page with four houses in four colors and laminated it. I gave her a transportation counter in each color and showed her how to sort them by color. She did this several times!





THURSDAY:

We started off playing with her pop-animals from Melissa and Doug and reading Barnyard Dance. She likes to pop these animals together, but she can't take them apart yet. It's fun to mix and match them, too!





Then we talked about Abraham, and I handed her orange stars and circle stickers to put on the worksheet. 





We danced around the living room, doing the moves as we read the book, Barnyard Dance. 

She pushed her Cozy Coupe around the porch - with Zeke in it! - which fulfilled the 'push toy' gross motor activity this week.

And that was it for this week's tot school! Click the title above to read about other weeks with ABC Jesus Loves Me, Year One.

6 comments:

  1. Barnyard Dance is such a fun book! Love little Zoey´s expressions!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun book to read! She keeps us in stitches with her facial experessions.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful week of learning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great week filled with learning and fun! :) Thank you for sharing with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #27. :)

    ReplyDelete