Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Currently: February 2024

I'm joining Jennifer this month with her Currently Link-Up! We're sharing what we're loving, looking forward to, doing to be romantic, changing, and celebrating!

LOVING

I'm loving these nail wraps! I never used to paint my fingernails because they'd be chipped by the end of the day. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the nail wraps held up for an entire week! I bought a few sets from Lily and Fox, and I plan to order more soon.

This is Berry Glam:



This is Pretty Little Valentine:



LOOKING FORWARD TO

I'm looking forward to rodeo season! My 16-year-old daughter, Mercie, barrel races. She loves it, and she recently won first place in a rodeo and won her first belt buckle! She loves horses and loves rodeos. Her boyfriend rides bulls, too! So, I'm sure they'll be entering many rodeos together.




DOING TO BE ROMANTIC

Valentine's Day is coming up, and I've been planning a few little surprises for Rod and the kids. When Rod and I first got married, we didn't have very much money to spend on Valentine's Day (or anything really). I got creative. I made him heart shaped cakes or pizzas, I wrote love letters instead of buying expensive cards, and I would make gifts, like coupon cards. Those gifts were so much more heart-felt and thoughtful than running up to the store and buying something. 




I'm planning to make a heart shaped cake this year, and maybe a pizza, too! I did pick up some heart shaped chicken nuggets from Wal Mart to make for the kids as a snack. I ordered a few Valentine-themed board books and pictures books for Zeke and Zoey and Daniel and Mikenna. I'm going to pick up some Ghirardelli caramel chocolates for the big kids because they love those! 

CHANGING

I'm changing lots of things related to my lifestyle. I'll be 39 in April, and I really need to start taking better care of myself. I've been doing some walk-a-mile in your house workout videos that I really love. I've been drinking more water and eating smaller portions and - the big one - cutting way back on the sweets!

CELEBRATING

Mercie turned 16 yesterday! She got her driver’s license, too! We had cake and food on Sunday, and her boyfriend came over for lunch. That's actually not a rare thing because they're pretty inseparable! Every day they're either over here or at his house or his grandparent's house. We all live within a few miles of each other which makes it pretty convenient! 





We have our church Valentine Banquet next Wednesday, and the kids from our Team Kid program will be singing and reciting scripture as the entertainment. We'll be having hamburgers, potato salad, beans, chips, and cake balls. We're keeping it pretty simple compared to previous years, but everyone loves burgers, right?

That's it for this month's Currently! Check out Jennifer's post and the other bloggers who linked up with their Currently posts by clicking the picture below!




7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter! She is so pretty and how fun that she has an activity that she enjoys and a special someone to share her interests with. I love your ideas for Valentine´s Day- there is no need to spend a lot of money to show someone how much they mean to you! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to check out Lily and Fox; I use colorstreet nail wraps and find that they last me at least a week (and usually I'm changing them because my nails have grown out around them and not because they started chipping off). Happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Lily and a fox because they’re cheap, but the quality seems to be really good! I’ve nothing to compare them with because I haven’t used any other brand.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to Mercie! Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun this time of year. Enjoy all your Valentine fun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, February is usually a busy month - but what month isn’t? It seems like we’re busy year round.

      Delete