Saturday, February 24, 2024

Friday Favorites

Last night, Titus had his first junior high baseball game of the season. He got a nice hit on his first bat, and on his second he got hit (so he walked). He played left field and second base, but there wasn’t much action in either position. We had a blast, but we didn’t get home until after 10:00. My mother-in-law and Eli went with me, and Mercie, Silas, and my niece Laylah stayed home to watch Zoey. My mom kept Zeke for me. He plays again on Monday, and the games will be on Mondays from now on. 



I touched up my front door with paint this week. It was getting pretty scuffed up and the paint was peeling and the doorknobs. I love the fresh, clean look it gives now! It’s the small and simple things in life that really bring joy, isn’t it?


The weather was lovely all week, with highs in 60s and 70s. We spent lots of time outside, playing on the porch and in the yard. It was nice and breezy all week!







Zoey has been much more interested in her tot school activities, and I enjoyed watching her spend more time engaged in them. 




Today I went to Monroe with Eli. We had to go shopping for his wedding clothes as well as some things he will need in Nicaragua. He is getting married down there March 2, and will be staying for three months before coming home again. It’s so weird and buying all the things is making it even more real. We had a great time together, and we are Sbarro Pizza - it was so good. 




All in all, I had a wonderfully busy week! 

7 comments:

  1. The baseball game sounds like fin! Well done Titus.
    I love the colour of your front door and how lovely to get outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our white doors get dirty in the ´burbs, lol! I actually have to paint a new door we just bought white and plan to go around and paint many of our doors while I have the paint out. Your week sounds like such a good one! I can imagine that you´re busy all the time but it seems like a good kind of busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good kind of busy, but it’s so exhausting sometimes! I wouldn’t know what to do if I had nothing to do!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great week! Staying busy indeed makes time fly, but there’s something truly special about sharing those moments with our loved ones. Your door looks fantastic! It’s remarkable how even small changes can create a significant impact. Thank you for sharing your week with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #26

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is funny how little things can change a room so much!

      Delete
  4. Your door looks lovely! It sounds like such a great week... and married?!! EEK that's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I’m so excited! But also sad that I won’t get to be a part of the wedding. When they come back here, we’re going to have a nice reception! And that is something I’m looking forward to!

      Delete