Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Let's Look: Little Things I Do Every Day

I am such a creature of habit! My husband always jokes that I don't like my routine getting messed up...maybe it's not a joke? When I'm thinking of the little things I do every day, I'm just going to narrow it down to a few!

 Little things I do every day:

I take a bath every morning. I've done this for over 25 years now, and I look forward to it! I dislike showers, but I love baths. I even wash my hair in the tub every morning (another little thing I do every day). 

I read my Bible every morning, or at least I try to! With a toddler and four other kids still living at home, I do get distracted or busy sometimes and don't get to read until later. I really try to get my Bible read every day! 


I do at least one load of laundry every day. With such a large family, I have to do this to stay on top of it! If I ever get behind, it seems like it takes forever to get caught back up. I have a system with my laundry. I wash, dry, and then separate the clean clothes into individual baskets for each child (and one large one for myself and my husband). They put their own clothes away, and that is such a big help and time-saver.

I check my calendar every day, sometimes multiple times. We have practices, baseball games, rodeos, church activities, birthdays, speech appointments...I have to write everything down or I will forget. I also write things down after they happen sometimes. Every year when I get a new calendar, I look through my old one. It's like a journal or diary of all of the events from that year! I've been keeping them for about five years now, and maybe one day my grandkids will find them and read through them to get a glimpse into what our lives were like.



I try to get outside every day, even if for just a little bit. Being outside always makes me feel better and helps the little ones as well. I love to sit on my huge front porch! We live at the end of our very own dirt road, and I love the privacy we have. 


I read to the little kids every day - some days more than others. Reading aloud is so important! I used to be so much better at that than I am now. When my older kids were younger, we read so many books. I'm trying to be much more intentional about it with Zoey and Zeke.

A few of our library books!

I assign the big kid's an evening chore - one sweeps, one mops, and one does dishes. This is so nice and helpful. I love waking up to a clean house in the morning!

I feel like there are so many other things I do daily, but they're just part of my daily routine - bathing babies, helping with homework, cooking meals, etc. Having my little "routine" helps keep me organized and helps me keep the house tidy and clean. 

Do you do any of these things every day?

Linking up with:



6 comments:

  1. Managing a large household does not seem easy! You seem super on top of everything. I am impressed! Just making large meals seems like it would be a very involved, time consuming practice. I would love to read more posts on how you manage household tasks like shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. Your front porch is so pretty- I would like to sit out there every day as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I’ve had to learn systems and routines as my family grew bigger and bigger! It’s a great idea to share some of those here. I love my front porch! When we had it built they tried to talk us into making it smaller - but nope! We knew we needed it biggggg!

      Delete
  2. I love that front porch! I do the same with laundry and have done it that way since the boys were young. It really does make a difference, and old habits die hard. I love to read everyday; I remember the days of reading aloud to my kids, but now I just read to myself. I actually love to read the Bible out loud! It forces me to slow down and to pay closer attention. I love your front porch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I almost always read the Bible out loud too! I focus so much better that way!

      Delete
  3. That front porch looks lovely! I tend to write everything onto our calendar too and check it each morning... but I never thought to keep it as a keepsake of sorts; that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sort of accidental - but I’m so glad I started doing it!

      Delete