Saturday, February 3, 2024

ABC Jesus Loves Me: Year One, Week Six



Zoey is 16 months old, and we're using ABC Jesus Loves Me, Year One - the free curriculum! 


MONDAY:

I sat Zoey in her booster seat at the table while Zeke was doing some of his kindergarten work. It seemed to work better this way - she was contained and couldn't climb on the table, and she stayed focused for a longer period of time.

Her animal this week is a bird, and her color is green - so I let her use green dot markers on her bird coloring page. I had a light green and dark green dot marker, so I gave her both of them so she could be exposed to different shades of the same color. She really did great with the dot markers! 


She was tiring of the dot markers, so I grabbed a plastic bowl and some green clothespins. I clipped them to the outside of the bowl and showed her to pull one of them off. She caught on really fast! She took them all off and wanted me to put them back on probably around twenty times! This is definitely an activity I'm going to repeat with her. 



TUESDAY:

We started out with green playdough. She loves playdough, but she does like to taste it - so I have to watch her closely! She played with this for a good fifteen minutes. I kept saying "green" and trying to get her to repeat it.



She colored her Color Train green. She was in my lap for this, but I did try to get a picture. I need to cut these out and hang them up somewhere that we can review them. 




Zeke was using dot markers and she started saying, "marker!" so I pulled out some leftover dot marker pages from our Octopus Unit. She did this for a while. Then she was finished with her school for the day!




WEDNESDAY:

We started out with her E is for Earth coloring page. I colored in the blue on the globe and the hands, and I gave her a green dot marker (she was supposed to stamp with paint, but I decided against that). She did this for a few minutes, then wanted something different.




I gave her two bowls, blue and green, and three pom-poms in each color. She actually sorted them by color at first, and then decided to throw them all on the floor. I am glad I noticed she was sorting by color, though!



THURSDAY:

Today we read a few board books about farm animals, and then we played with her Little People farm animals! I set them up for her and we sang "Old MacDonald" using the animals as props. Then we "talked" about the names of each animal and the sound they each make. Zeke had speech therapy today, so that's all we did!




FRIDAY:

Today Zoey glued green squares to a sheet of cardstock. She loves using the glue stick, but not such a fan of putting the green squares on.



Next, she water painted her square, tore it into pieces, and dumped the water out - just like every other week!



I feel like this week I planned a much easier number of activities! She loved the Old MacDonald theme which carried over from last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment