Thursday, February 6, 2020

Reading Through The Alphabet Link Up: C



I want to thank everyone who linked up last week for the letter B! I love reading about all of the books you have read or are reading. This week, we are on the letter C. I'm going through our bookshelves, finding the books we need. I wonder if I'll be able to find a book for every letter? It will be neat to find out!

The first book we read was "Counting On Calicos" by Phyllis Limbacher Tildes. This book is so cute, and perfect for my cat-loving daughter. It counts from 1 - 20, naming things about cats - like 9 lives, 15 ways to fall asleep. Each page also has interesting facts about cats and beautiful illustrations!
Image result for counting on calico book
The next book we read was "Caps for Sale" by Esphyr Slobodkina  - the tale of a peddler, some monkeys, and their monkey business. We actually "rowed" this book several years ago when we were doing Before Five in a Row with my younger sons. It's been a favorite in our house since then! You can check out the activities we did with this book if you are interested!
Image result for caps for sale book
The last book we read was "The Carrot Seed" by Ruth Krauss. I love how simple this book is! A boy plants a carrot seed and everyone keeps telling him it won't grow. He keeps watering it and weeding it, and lo and behold, it grows into a gigantic carrot! The illustrations are done in yellow, brown, white and bit of orange and are adorable. We never "rowed" this book, but it is one of the books in the Before Five in a Row curriculum.
Join me in reading through the alphabet, and link up below! New or old posts are welcome. Please visit some other link ups and leave a comment or two - we all love comments!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. I read (and listened to) Caps for Sale so many times when I worked at the daycare I could read it by heart. Such a cute story! We used to put that cd in the cd player and let the kids listen to it at naptime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a favorite of many kids, I think! Thank for linking up.

      Delete
  2. I remember reading Caps for Sale but my girls adores Charlie in the Grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caps for Sale was one of my favorite books when my kids were younger. I will have to read it to my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! My oldest is 17 and I already save things for my future grandkids! :-)

      Delete