Monday, February 3, 2020

Blogging Through the Alphabet: Q is for Questions

Four years ago when I did a Blogging Through the Alphabet challenge, I did "I for Interviews", and I interviewed my kids. It was fun to do, and I recently read that post again! I decided I would do my "Q for Questions", and basically do the same thing. I also decided to put their answers from December of 2015 side by side with the answers from January of 2020.

Mercie
2015 (2nd grade) vs. 2020 (6th grade)


What is your favorite subject? Why?

2015- Math, because it's fun and you learn a lot."
2020- Language arts because I like writing and science because I like learning about animals.

What is your least favorite subject? Why?

2015- History, because it isn't fun and hard to understand. I don't really like learning about presidents and stuff.
2020- Math, because it can sometimes be confusing.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
2015- Hair-cutter, because it would be fun and you make a lot of money.
2020- Veterinarian because I love helping animals.

What is your favorite thing to do?
2015- Jump on the trampoline.
2020- Play basketball.

What is your favorite food?
2015- Chicken  nuggets!
2020- Pizza and chocolate!

What is your favorite Bible verse?
2015- For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son for whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16.
2020- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13.

Silas
2015 (Kindergarten) vs. 2020 (4th grade)
 
What is your favorite subject? Why?
2015- The thing where you have to color the numbers. A journal is what I mean. (A Count and Color journal by the Thinking Tree)
2020- Science because I like doing the pages. (worksheets)

What is your least favorite subject? Why?
2015- Flashcards. It's so haaaaaaard.
2020- Math because division is hard.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
2015- This is what I really am going to grow up to be: Rubble on the Double. (a dog from Paw Patrol)
2020- A rancher.

What is your favorite thing to do?
2015- Spend the night with Nana.
2020- Ride horses.

What is your favorite food?
2015- Puppy Chow (Chex Muddy Buddies)
2020- Puppy Chow

What is your favorite Bible story?
2015- Jesus created the earth and the world.
2020- The Parable of the Sower.

Titus
2015 (3 years old, PK) vs. 2020 (2nd grade)
 
What is your favorite thing to do in school?
2015- I don't know.
2020- Math because everything else isn't really that fun.

What is your least favorite thing to do in school?
2015- Um, do homework and that's it.
2020- Science because it's too much.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
2015- Daddy. And Chase on the Case, too. (another dog from Paw Patrol)
2020- A welder.

What is your favorite thing to do?
2015- Um, just Paw Patrol.
2020- Go hunting.

What is your favorite food?
2015- Macaroni and Cheese.
2020- Ice cream.

What is your favorite Bible Story?
2015- (singing) Jesus loves me, yes I know, for the Bible tells me so, Holy, Holy, Holy.
2020- Samson.

It was so interesting to me to see how much their answers had changed over the years! Although Silas's favorite food is still puppy chow! I'd love to do this again in another four or five years.

Linking up with Blogging Through the Alphabet logo.

1 comment:

  1. That is really cool to see their answers and compare them. What a great way to remember the past for the future.

    ReplyDelete