Friday, July 22, 2022

Week in Review - My Friday Favorites

Taekwondo Belt Test

Titus took a belt test to move up from a yellow belt to an orange belt on Saturday. He did such a great job! I love watching the belt tests and seeing how much progress he has made. He takes taekwondo twice a week and just loves it. 





Swimming

Monday we went swimming at our neighbor's house, who happens to be one of Mercie's best friends. They just go an inground pool this summer, and it was the boys first time to swim in it. They had so much fun even though it was so hot!





Glucose Test

Okay so the actual test wasn't one of my favorite moments from the week. I failed my one-hour test last week so I had to go in this week to do the three-hour test. Four blood draws (one in each arm and one in each hand - ugh) and a 10 ounce 100 grams of glucose later (double yuck) in a three-hour period was not fun! I did pass the test, which is why I am recording it here. Mikaela also came and sat with me during the test to keep me company, and then we went to McAlister's for sandwiches and soup. We also went and bought her scrubs that she needs to start nursing school next month.



New Birkenstocks

I picked up another pair of Birkenstocks (I get a new pair each year). The past three years I've gotten the same style in different colors (mocha, black, and sandcastle) but I picked a whole different style this year. I don't like anything between my toes, but I liked this crossover style and bought them in sandcastle (my favorite color). Too bad my feet swell so much - they're really cute and comfortable until my feet start puffing out the sides like exploding biscuits from a can. 


Summer School

This wouldn't be classified as the boy's favorite from the week, but I'm so glad we've kept a pretty good routine of at least three days a week of summer school. This week Titus worked his first section in the Progeny Press literature study guide for Farmer Boy. He's enjoying reading this book with me. We take turns reading pages and he's really retaining a lot more than he normally does. Silas finished up the sixth chapter in The Last Battle and will begin that section in his literature guide tomorrow. We also did an art lesson from ARTistic Pursuits and they both worked a few lessons in CTCMath. I really like this math program for the boys! It makes things easy for them to understand. 





Amazon Purchases

I figured I'd have a section for my Amazon purchases each week. I don't purchase a ton of stuff, but I do live a long way from the mall and other stores. Ordering what we need is so much easier than making so many trips. 



I bought these shorts because they have an elastic waist band and are loose and flowy. I figured they'd be great to finish off the summer in, and if they fit right I'll order some more colors.



Zeke and Titus love building with the gear set we have, and this is a huge set with 235 parts. It's normally $79, but was a deal today for $36. I snagged it!


I don't normally buy toys except for birthdays and Christmas, but this was another Deal of the Day that I couldn't pass up. It's a STEM building set that I think Zeke will really enjoy. I'm saving it for when we start homeschooling to keep him busy while the older ones are working. It was normally $25 on sale for $16.

I also bought this bathtub for Zoey. I think it will be so much easier for sink baths! My bathtub is huge and hard to lean over, and I have to fill up infant tubs with a pitcher because of the way the faucet it. Bathing her in the kitchen sink will be so much more convenient with this (I'm hoping!). 


We have a birthday party to go to next weekend for a Spiderman loving little boy, so I picked up these puzzles for him - $15.

How was your week? Linking up with:




2 comments:

  1. So glad you passed your second glucose test! That pool looks wonderful. It sounds like you had a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also thankful I passed the test! The pool is beautiful and refreshing when it's 100 degrees.

      Delete