Friday, July 1, 2022

Week in Review - Another Birthday, Bowling, and Basketball

Saturday

Saturday was Eli's birthday. He turned 17! I cannot believe he is almost an adult. He's such a great kid! I made hamburgers, my special beans, and baked potatoes for his birthday dinner. We also went bowling with all of his siblings, including Mikaela and Daniel. It was fun! 






Sunday

We stayed home from church today. We needed a little break to just rest and relax together. I cooked meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, and the leftover beans from Saturday. Mikaela and Daniel came over again, and we had ice cream cake for Eli's birthday with Rod. The kids helped Rod bushhog one of the horse pastures and disc up Mercie's arena area for her barrel racing practice.



Monday

Silas and Titus had dentist appointments this morning, so Mercie and Eli watched Zeke for me while I took them to the dentist. We came home, and I cooked Spanish Rice Casserole (it's not even a casserole) and macaroni and cheese with bacon burger (to please everyone). We worked outside a bit in the yard, picking things up and killing wasp nests. Eli had to work after lunch. He had a basketball game this evening we went and watched. 
Go #5! (in white and green)

Tuesday

Today was a really busy day. I did so much running around! Titus, Zeke and I went to speech this morning - an hour there and an hour back. We did stop and eat Popeye's for lunch because Titus has been wanting to try their macaroni and cheese. He wasn't that impressed with it! We got home around noon and then I had to take Silas to the doctor at 2:15. After the doctor visit and filling his prescription at the pharmacy, we didn't get home until 4. Then at 5:30 I had to run Titus to Taekwondo. I vacuumed out my car, filled up with gas, and ran it through the carwash while I was waiting for him to finish. I was exhausted when I got home! Eli worked all day today.
He wants to do Summer School like his brothers.

Wednesday

My parents got home from Nicaragua late last night, so we went and visited with them today. I picked up some frozen pizzas and drinks since they didn't have much food after being out of the country for a while. We hung out outside, and two of my sister's kids came to visit too. Mercie stayed to ride to church with them (she goes to their youth group on Wednesdays). Eli had to work all day today. I FaceTimed this cutie since they went to Mississippi for a few days!


Thursday

Two of my nephews came over to visit with the boys today. We didn't do much all day until Titus had Taekwondo in the evening. Mercie's friend Ellie came over and they rode horses and practiced the barrels. 
They give Zeke a broken controller and he thinks he's playing with them on the Xbox!

Today:

We plan to go to the library today to exchange our books. I have a pick-up order to get, have some things to mail for Etsy and Ebay, and cash Eli's check from work. 

Summer School

The boys worked in their Daily Notebooks each day. We made some little mini-books for our big Old Testament lapbook we're working on. Titus is getting better with his math facts! They've both been reading much more - Titus found a book series he loves - Dragon Masters! I actually bought these for him last year, and he just found them on his shelf. He read an entire chapter book in one day - which is awesome for him! He earned his second dollar for the summer. He has the books 1-8 and asked me to order him books 9-12. One thing my kids know - I never say no to buying books.


On the Blog this Week








How was your week? I'm linking up with Friday Favorites.




2 comments:

  1. Dragon Masters is such a cute series! Happy Birthday to Eli. It sounds like you had a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad he found a series he enjoys reading! We did have a busy week, but it seems like the norm around here!

      Delete