Friday, July 15, 2022

Week in Review: 7/09/22 - 7/14/22

Saturday Mercie had another barrel run a little less than an hour drive from our town. There were 126 runners in this race and she was runner 60. It wasn't her best run, but she had a blast! I'm so proud of how far she has come and how well she is doing. She impresses me each day! It was so hot the boys and I stopped for ice cream on the way home.




Sunday we had a funeral for my husband's great-uncle. Our church fed the family and then held the services. We didn't have our regular services since the funeral and meal fell too close to the regular service times. We came home, planted some cypress trees, and took a ride on the side-by-side to check the cows before Rod headed back down to work. 




Monday we stayed home and worked on our Summer School. The boys each did a lesson in CTC Math and worked on our Homeschool in the Woods lapbook. They also started reading new books because we are reviewing literature guides from Progeny Press (our favorite literature guides!). Silas is reading The Last Battle and Titus and I are reading Farmer Boy together. 



Tuesday Zeke had speech so Titus rode with us. While he was in speech, we sat outside on and read the next chapter of Farmer Boy, alternating pages. We stopped at Waffle House for lunch again. We went to my parent's house that afternoon for a surprise party for my mom's 60th birthday! The kids had all bought her gifts, Mercie made her a cake, and my sister's kids came too. Titus had Taekwondo that evening.




Wednesday I had to run to the DMV in the morning and then came back home and rested. This pregnancy has had me so exhausted. I think it's a combination of being 37, having five kids at home, and trying to survive this Louisiana heat! Mercie went to church this evening.

He has been loving these Learning Resources Gears!

Thursday I had my sugar test at the doctor's office. Mikaela rode with me, and we had to leave at 7:15 to get there by 8:50. We live a long way from my doctor and the hospital! I felt fine during the test, so I'm hoping I passed it. I've always passed it before except with Zeke - then I had to do the three hour test, which I passed. It was awful, so I really don't want to repeat that! We ran to the college Mikaela will be attending this fall to turn in some paperwork and then ran by the rental she is looking to rent. We ate lunch at the mall, grabbed some cookies from Great American Cookie, and then made a trip to TJ Maxx. We headed home, stopping to get tractor parts so Eli could try to fix our hay baler. I had to run Titus to Taekwondo when I got home, and my feet were so swollen they looked like marshmallows by now!



Today I plan to rest and relax, but I really need to make another trip to town to mail an Etsy order. We will see! How was your week?

On the blog this week:

Teaching Kids About Money with Buck Academy - TOS Review

Blogging From A to Z - Growth in Your Homeschool

Bible Blueprints - TOS Review

2 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get great test results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I failed the one hour test, so I'm going back this week for the three hour test.

    ReplyDelete