Sunday, January 28, 2024

Weekly Highlights: Last Full Week of January

Somehow, I skipped my Weekly Highlights post last week! I think I've decided to post it on Sundays, after the week has been completed! I’m going to do it a little differently than usual -  I'm also just going to do what the title says - hit on the highlights of the week! Don’t forget to link up your posts from the week at the bottom!

I was so happy to see Silas helping Titus with his batting. Even though it was a cold and wet day, he still helped him out. They're 2 years and 1 month apart and have always been the best of friends - until lately. I'm sure it's just the 13-year-old and 11-year-old maturity differences, but it's been really making me sad to hear all of the arguing they've been doing. To see them outside, laughing and having a good time together with zero prompting from me, was a big highlight of my week!




The boys also got much needed haircuts today! Rod's aunt usually cuts their hair, but she couldn't do it until mid-February, and we couldn't wait that long. I woke them up this morning and drove them to town to the barber shop on Main Street. It was our first visit there, but the barber was really fast and efficient! I think we may be going back there next time, too. 

Zeke is always good for his haircuts.

We had Cowboy Church on Thursday. My dad has been preaching, and they have different people come and sing. This week it was a couple from our church, and I love to hear them sing together! We ate finger foods afterwards. I brought tuna fish sandwiches and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. It was a really fun evening.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

My mom came over to visit on Friday and took Zeke and Zoey to her house for a little while. I got to clean up a bit, go to the church to get the fellowship hall tables decorated for February, and then I ran to town. I went to Wal Mart and picked up a few things I needed before picking up Titus from baseball practice. It was nice to have a few hours to myself without the two little ones!




We did I is for Insect this week for Zeke's kindergarten, and Week 5 in ABC Jesus Loves Me for Zoey's Tot School. You can read more about that by clicking the pictures below, if you're interested.


All in all, it was a quiet week, but I really enjoyed it. How was your week? Let me know in the comments. Link up any post from your week below!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


9 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your weekly highlights! I will link my Friday Photos post in a minute. That is neat that your boys played ball together- I think it´s normal for some fighting but when push comes to shove (no pun intended!) it´s obvious they care about each other and it is great when they help each other out. And that was nice of your mom to take your two little ones for a couple of hours. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking up! I know it’s technically normal for siblings to fight, but these two were so close for so long that it is just surprising! And yes it was so nice to have a few hours of a break!!

      Delete
  2. Sibling relationships are close and emotional. Nice to see them outside enjoying being together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very sweet to watch! And then yesterday, Titus randomly thanked Silas for helping me…made this mama heart happy.

      Delete
  3. My youngest were best friends for years and then gradually grew apart (though they do still play online games once a week with a groups of friends and I can hear them laughing with each other so all it not lost!). I figure that while all of my boys bicker they have never actually fought and I hope that at the very least they'll be as close as my sister and I are once they all move away from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sisters and I are also close, and so is my husband his brother. I guess I have high expectations based on that!

      Delete
  4. Sibling connections are the best. As my kids grow, I can see that--although they have quite a few personality differences--they are always there for each other and love each other, and it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing this post at the Will Blog for Comments #23 linkup. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my kids all have such different personalities but they’re all so close.

      Delete