Friday, January 26, 2024

ABC Jesus Loves Me: Year One Week Five


Zoey is 16 months old. We’re using ABC Jesus Loves Me, the free curriculum. This is Year One, Week Five. (We skipped week four since it’s a review week and we’re not doing those.)

We didn’t get to every activity I had planned for Zoey. I feel like I’ve been planning too many for her personality. She doesn’t really like sitting down and doing these like Zeke did when he was her age. I’m trying to do one activity a day for now, and I will increase them as I see she is ready. Here is what we did this week. 

The Bible story was David and Goliath. We watched a short YouTube video that read a book to us. We also sang “Only A Boy Named David” each day. I actually sang it to her, and I tried to get her to do some motions. 

The color was red, the shape was a triangle, and her animal was a dog. Her book was “Big Red Barn.”

Zoey used her Kwik Stix to paint the weekly alphabet symbol red. The symbol is “down” since Goliath went down!


She also colored her train red with the Crayola twistable crayons. She got tired of this and decided to rip her bow off and throw the crayon. This picture is mid-rip and mid-throw!

I printed out a barn for Zoey to color red. She added farm animal stickers. She is getting the hang of stickers! 



We also played with the Little People barn and animals. She actually played with it longer than I anticipated! She’s finally starting to PLAY with toys. 




She used a red marker to color her dog coloring page. This reminds me of Clifford!


I cut red triangles from construction paper and Zoey glued them to cardstock. 


We also practiced throwing a red beanbag and catching it. 

One sock off and one sock on, as always. 



There were a few activities we didn’t get to do this week, but that’s okay. I’m going to play only five activities for next week, one a day, and see if that works better!


2 comments:

  1. In Sunday school, we used to sing that exact song about David. I remember some of the hand motions (of course I was older than Zoey since I was old enough that I can remember singing it). You are probably an expert by now at tailoring your lesson plans and tweaking what you planned on how your child is responding. Great pics as always! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I love the old Sunday School songs (and so do my kids!). Sometimes Zoey's Tot School feels more like a Sunday School class, but that's okay.

      Delete