Tuesday, January 23, 2024

ABC Jesus Loves Me: Year One Week Three

Zoey is 15 months old, and we're using ABC Jesus Loves Me free curriculum this year. We're using Year One, and this week is Week Three. I always make a printable lesson plan for the week, and you're free to save and print it for yourself. 

We talked about Jesus this week and sang songs like "Jesus Loves the Little Children" and "Jesus Loves Me." 


Zoey was being grumpy on Monday, and we never got around to any of her activities other than singing. I just bumped them to Tuesday! The simple way I keep track of what we do it by putting a checkmark in each box when we finish it. That way I can see at a glance if I forgot something or if she wasn't in the mood to try an activity, and I can try to fit it in another day.

The first thing I had Zoey do is color her train yellow since that's her color this week. I do try to say the color of the week over and over, but she hasn't repeated any colors yet. That's okay, though - this is about exposure not mastery!

I put some large yellow pom-poms in an empty Puffs container, and Zoey took them out and put them in a few times. 




I printed off a few random pictures of babies, and Zoey glued them to a sheet of cardstock. I wrote "Jesus Loves the Children" in a yellow marker at the top of the page.



I also encouraged her to push her push toy around the house some. She likes the popping noise it makes, but she has never been overly interested in it. She was using one hand to push it back and forth! 



She also really enjoyed eating some pasta that Eli cooked for lunch. I know that has nothing to do with the lesson plan, but the sign language sign is "more" and I wish I
would have worked with her on that when she did want more food. Getting her to eat real food has been a challenge - all she wants is to nurse. Since I'm wanting her weaned soon, I'm really trying to introduce more foods to her.



Today I had Zoey color this picture of a little girl. I glued it to a sheet of card stock and wrote C is for Child at the top in yellow. Then Zoey stuck yellow heart stickers on the paper. She is getting a little better at stickers! 



We also played with her shape sorter, and she is getting much better at putting the shapes in!



Today Zoey used paint sticks to paint her elephant yellow. This is her animal this week. 



She also painted this worksheet to make the song “Red and Yellow, Black and White, they are precious in his sight.” We used paint sticks for this, too. 



Zeke had speech today, so we didn’t do much tot school. We left around noon, and it's an hour drive there and back. 


Zoey played with play dough today. She’s getting better at NOT eating it. It was supposed to be yellow, but we didn’t have any and I didn’t have time to make it this week. I’m going to be sure to include this each week now because it’s such a great fine motor work out for her hands, and it actually holds her attention for a nice length of time! 



We talked about her ears. I’ll ask her “Where are your ears?” and she will grab them! She also knows her head, eyes, mouth, nose, and belly button. 

She played with her Color box this week. It contained some yellow Magnatiles, a yellow giraffe, a yellow house, a yellow block, a yellow truck, and a yellow plastic duck. 

I use some washi tape to tape some toy elephants to her wooden tray. She pulled the tape to “rescue” the elephants. She did two of them and then lost interest! Zeke finished for her. I’m hoping she starts to get more engaged in these activities. When Zeke was her age, he absolutely loved them! 





I laid out some butcher paper and we colored for a little bit. Then she did her normal thing and threw all the crayons down, climbed on the table, and crumpled the paper.



We also made her yellow diamond collage and water painted a yellow diamond on Saturday morning. Notice she usually has one sock on and one sock off. I don’t know why, but she will just pull off one sock. Sometimes she will put it on her hand!





And that was our week!


4 comments:

  1. Zoey is adorable! How fun that you are capturing with words and pictures her first forays into education. I love the songs that you sang to her. They remind me of Sunday school. Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so fun to go back and look at everything I did with my older ones too - so this is sort of a diary or journal for me!

      Delete
  2. Such sweet times and memories you're collecting over there! I bet she loved the activities involving paint and the pom-poms. It seems like it'd be good as a sensory game as well! You're such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She loves the paint sticks, and they’re not very messy so I love them too!

      Delete