Friday, May 20, 2022

Week in Review and Friday Favorites - Ultrasounds and Summer Reading



Ultrasound of Zoey!

It was so exciting to go to my 20-week anatomy scan. Even though I knew Zoey was a girl from my 10-week bloodwork, I haven't really had a good ultrasound until now. It lasted about half an hour (since I'm high risk they had to check everything)  and everything looks just perfect. She is so adorable (in her mama's eyes anyway) and I can't wait to kiss those chubby little cheeks. 



Summer School Hour

We did our summer school hour several days this week (I'm trying to ease them into it.) Titus did the most work using his Critical Thinking Co. Language Smarts workbook. He did some activities on syllables. The kids also read their library books each day. Next week I plan to really make the kids work during their Summer School Hour!



First Library Trip of the Summer

Sadly I found out that my library won't be doing a summer reading program (again). I told the kids I would pay them a dollar week if they read a book each week and an extra dollar for writing or drawing something about their books. They each found fantastic looking books, and Zeke had a blast in the library for the first time in forever.



Monday

Monday I went to the doctor for my ultrasound. My mom went with me and we did a bit of shopping beforehand. My doctor's office is an hour and a half from my house and is in the same town as the mall and other shopping places. We bought Zoey some outfits of course. I also got the other kids some shirts and shorts for summer. We ate at Applebee's afterwards. My mother-in-law watched Mercie, Silas, Titus, and Zeke. Eli was at school and then had to go to work afterwards.


Tuesday

Tuesday I took Zeke to speech lessons an hour away. I was so exhausted from the trip to the doctor the day before, but he is doing so well in speech I hated to miss it. Titus rode with me and we got Burger King on the way home. The Cornerstone Academy called to discuss Mercie's enrollment in their private school next year (thankfully she got in!) and I had to pay the book fee. 

Tuesday night Titus had Tae-Kwon-Do. While he was in TKD, I got my Walmart pick up order for the week. 
Titus is the yellow belt.


Wednesday

Wednesday I took Zeke and Silas to the doctor in our town. Zeke began complaining of an ear ache on Tuesday and woke up in the middle of the night with ear pain. He has a middle ear infection, but is taking his medicine like a champ! Silas has staph infection on some sores on his legs and folliculitis on his stomach and chest area. He was given a steroid shot, antibiotics, and steroid cream. 

We had a graduation party at church for one of our seniors (the second week in a row). We went to that and the kids played nine-square outside. Mercie and Eli go to a different church on Wednesday nights that has a much larger youth group (and they have lots of friends there). 


Thursday

Thursday we played outside much of the morning. We ran to the Dollar General to get some decorations for tables in the fellowship hall at church and ran by there and decorated those for Memorial Day. We came back and the kids had some farm chores to attend to (a tree fell on a gate and they had to replace it). Titus had TKD again. Eli was an usher at his school's graduation. We picked up one of Mercie's friends to come have a sleepover. We bought some stuff to tie-dye and Zeke got a head start on it.


Friday

I'm not sure what our plans are today. Hopefully I can do a lot of resting. 

How was your week? 

Linking up with 



1 comment:

  1. What a busy week! So glad all is well with the new baby.

    ReplyDelete