Thursday, May 19, 2022

Our Summer Library Book Choices - Week One



I found out our library will not be having a summer reading program. It's pretty disappointing, but I told the kids I wanted them to read one book each week this summer. For more incentive, I told them I would give them each $1.00 when they read their books and another dollar if they either draw a picture of a scene or character, write a paragraph about the book, or show me about the book in another creative way. The potential to earn $2.00 a week just for reading excited them all. I figured I would post our weekly books we pick from the library here!

Mercie - 14 years old


This is a mystery that looks really good! So good in fact, that I told Mercie I wanted to read it, too. She's a few chapters in and said it's already interesting.

Silas - 11 years old


This is the sequel to Old Yeller about his son, Savage Sam. Silas is really enjoying this book already and has read aloud a part to me he thought was funny. I've heard him laughing out loud at the book, too. I love when they do that!

Titus - 9 years old


This book is a bit ambitious for Titus with almost 200 pages, but he has read the first few chapters and is getting into it. He wants to read all of the books in this series. He reads really well, but has a hard time focusing on what he is reading (ADHD) so I'm proud of him for choosing this book.

Zeke - 3 years old 


We've read this a few times since he's brought it home and he loves it. It's a rhyming book about why you shouldn't bring a dragon to recess but they end up giving him a chance on the playground. I'm pretty sure Zeke doesn't know what recess even is, but he gets the general idea of the book. He loved being able to choose a book on his own.

What are your kids reading this week?

Linking up with


4 comments:

  1. What a great incentive to read! My boys are currently reading The Good Girl's Guide to Murder series (my middle son) and The Lord of the Ring series (my youngest).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the Good Girl's Guide to Murder sounds interesting! I don't know that my kids have the patience for the Lord of the Ring series (yet)!

      Delete
  2. The Black Stallion was a favourite at our house. Did you know there are other books that author has written? The Black Stallion Returnes & Son of Black Stallion are two others we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our library has quite a few in the series! Titus was excited to read them all.

      Delete