Sunday, May 8, 2022

It's Almost Summer

 I haven't been posting our weekly reviews because we are so close to finishing the school year that we are doing just the basics! Titus completed his math book last week, so he is done! Silas has maybe a week left in his math book, and he will be done. Mercie has a week left of school. We are all anxious to put the books away and enjoy these rapidly warming spring/summer days!

Titus and Silas used Masterbooks Math Lessons for a Living Education this year, levels 4 and 6. We love Math Lessons for a Living Education! Silas will be in 7th grade next year, and we haven't quite decided which math program we will use. I'm looking at Teaching Textbooks and the Key To...series. Titus will continue with level 5 of Math Lessons for a Living Education. 

Mercie started out with VideoText Algebra and switched to His Vessel Textbooks Algebra after she reviewed it for the Homeschool Crew. However...we are considering sending her to a small Christian school called Cornerstone next year. It's right in our town, and when I say small - there are 20 students in grades 3-9 this year. It's very homeschool-ish and she has three friends who attend. She will be going into 9th grade, and I'll be having a baby in September/October. I feel like this would be a great opportunity for her! She's on the list and we'll be talking soon about where she is in math (the 8th graders at Cornerstone complete Algebra 1 and go on to Geometry in 9th grade). 

Silas and Titus used Heart of Dakota's Preparing Hearts for His Glory this year. We enjoyed our year very much! I think I'm going in a different direction next year - again, having a baby and a 4-year-old will make things complicated. We're looking at using Masterbooks for history, science, and grammar. This will make them pretty independent and will be the first year they've been separated for schoolwork. 

I finished writing my Let's Explore Preschool curriculum (it's in my Etsy shop!) and I am going to start that with Zeke tomorrow. I'm excited about it! I want to go ahead and get started while I don't have any other kids to teach and work with. Also when the baby is born, if we get behind it will be okay! 

I'm 19 weeks pregnant with Zoey Mae Russell! I've been feeling much more energetic, although the heat really saps my energy quickly. I go next week for my 20 week anatomy ultrasound. Everything looks great so far (except last time I went to the doctor, my blood pressure was 165/95 and I had to lay on my side until they got it down to 135/80). I'm getting really excited! The time is passing quickly.

How is your schoolyear going? Are you almost finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment