Friday, May 27, 2022

Friday Favorites - Athletic Banquet

Athletic Banquet

Eli had his annual athletic banquet Thursday night. It was a lot of fun and catered by a local restaurant. He won the All District First Team award for varsity basketball (along with his best friend, Landyn) and the Athlete Role Model award. I was so proud of him for winning First Team (but not surprised - he is a great basketball player), but I was even more proud of the Role Model award. He makes awesome grades, never gets in trouble, is a team player, and a favorite of the kids and teachers at school. So proud of him. I cannot believe he will be a senior next year!

We cleaned up nice! Peep that 22 week belly.

Eli and his best friend

Eli and his basketball coach 



Gardening

We got lots of rain Tuesday and Wednesday, but we got out in the muddy garden on Thursday anyway. Mercie tied up the tomato plants some more. Silas and Titus tilled the grass between the rows and on the 'spacer' rows. The rain really makes the grass grow! We also picked several huge squash and cucumbers. I'm planning to pickle these this weekend.




Play Day at the Arena

Last Saturday evening Mercie had Play Day at the arena. This is a lot of fun and she gets to practice some events with Lil Bit, her horse. She ran her fastest time on the barrels, but they knocked one over which added five seconds to her total time. She still tied for second place overall and had a blast. We all went and watched her. The Rodeo is tonight and tomorrow night, and it's her first time competing in an actual rodeo. She's very nervous but also very excited.
Mercie (in the hat) and her best friend goofing off

We rarely get pictures together

They're both racing barrels tonight!

Summer Break 

It's so nice to have summer break from homeschooling, and now Eli is officially on summer break from school, too. He has a job at the same place he worked last summer, cutting, stacking, and hauling sod. I have really enjoyed being able to wake up and do what I want to do instead of preparing for and beginning homeschool lessons. I love homeschooling - I really do! - but the break is always refreshing.
Titus and our old, old horse Domino

Silas and I play Rummikub quite a bit!


I'm 22 weeks pregnant now with Zoey and really popping out! This is going to be a long, hot summer being pregnant in Louisiana! How was your week?


4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Eli! We still have a good 2-3 weeks left for my high schooler but I am enjoying being done with homeschooling for the year and relaxing more with my days (other than drop off and picking up Alec).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I am not looking forward to with Mercie going to a private school next year - drop off and pick ups!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Eli! Well deserved. And yes to the break. I don’t homeschool but it’s nice to not have to fight about getting ready for school and why going to school is important with my son. Lol Enjoy the break and definitely soak it up! Happy long weekend!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, waking up and having nowhere to be or nothing to do right away is such a relief. I'm definitely soaking up these summer days before they get unbearable!

      Delete