The only requirement my kids had this week was to choose one book that was on the presidents, American history, or government. I'm appalled at how little most kids know on this subject, and even how little I myself know! I told the kids they must choose one book on this subject each week for the rest of the year. They have to read the book, and then at the end of the week give an oral report to the family. That way, we can all learn something!
Mikaela - 14
- "Whose Haunting the White House? The President's Mansion and The Ghosts Who Live There" by Jeff Belanger
- "The Journal of Patrick Seamus Flaherty, United States Marine Corpss, Khe Sanh, Vietnam, 1968" by Ellen Emerson White
- "A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning" by Lemony Sniket
- "The Signers: The 56 Stories Behind the Declaration of Independence" by Dennis Brindell Fradin
- "Football Trivia" by Tyler Mason
- "The Lego Play Book: Ideas to Bring Your Bricks to Lift" by Daniel Lipkowitz
- "Really Horrible Science Facts" by Jay Wakins
- "Who Was Betsy Ross?" by James Buckley Jr.
- "The Critter Club: All About Ellie" by Callie Barkley
- "Junie B. Jones Has A Monster Under Her Bed" by Barbara Park
- "Stranded at Plimoth Plantation 1626" by Gary Bowen