Silas finished Unit 3 in Little Hearts for His Glory this week. Here are a few highlights from his week:
- He is on Chapter 5 in The Reading Lesson. He can read lots of three and four letter words and sentences. He enjoys the stories in the book because he can read them himself.
- He learned how to add 3 and 4 (small) numbers.
- He added The Flood and The Tower of Babel to his timeline.
- He memorized Proverbs 20:11 "Even a child is known by actions, by whether his conduct is pure and right."
Titus finished Unit 2 in Little Hands to Heaven this week. Here are some highlights from his week:
- He used pattern blocks to make the letters B and b.
- He used patterns to build the Tower of Babel with his linking cubes.
- He made a rainbow from torn paper.
- He painted the letters B and b with our Kwik Stix.
Mercie completed Unit 20 in Bigger Hearts for His Glory. Here are some of her highlights:
- Mercie used straws to blow paint on paper, representing the "bombs bursting in air" from the Star Spangled Banner.
- She is getting quicker with her multiplication facts.
- We made a 5x5 grid on the floor and I gave her coordinates to find.
- We read in the Pioneer Sampler each day.
- She learned about helping verbs in Rod and Staff grammar.
- We practiced and wrote the Pledge of Allegiance.
Mikaela and Eli both completed days 33-37 in Bob Jones Distance Learning. Here are a few of their highlights:
- Mikaela is learning how to find percent difference, percent error, and experimental error. She has quite a few word problems to muddle through each day.
- Eli is learning fractions, which comes easy for him.
- Mikaela and Eli are both working on adverbs and adjective in grammar, at different levels.
- In Life Science, Eli is learning about genes and reproduction.
- In Physical Science, Mikaela is learning about gravity and freefall.
- In Cultural Geography, Mikaela finished up chapter 5 and is beginning on chapter 6, which is on Canada.
- In World Studies, Eli learned about European culture, expansion and religion.
How was your week?