Monday, August 24, 2015

Our 5th and 2nd Grade Curriculum Choices {2015-2016}

Our 5th grader, Eli:

Our 2nd grader, Mercie:

We are combing these two using Heart of Dakota's Bigger Hearts for His Glory. This covers history, art, poetry, music, science, and literature.


LANGUAGE ARTS: Rod and Staff 2 and Rod and Staff 5


MATH: Singapore 2A, 2B and Singapore 5A, 5B


BIBLE: Explorer Bible Study: Early History of Israel {5th grader}

God and Me 2: Fun Devotions {2nd grader}


SCIENCE: God's Design for the Human Body. Eli has extra science, because the science in BHFHG is not substantial for him.


READING: Drawn into the Heart of Reading {level 2,3 and level 4,5}



Mercie is also using Daily Handwriting Practice.


It takes us about 2 and 1/2 hours each day to complete our school work. We are loving Bigger Hearts for His Glory!

3 comments:

  1. I've often wanted to try out the Daily Handwriting Practice and other books but that's one program I haven't been able to fit into our schedule yet :)

    I think it's great that you are combining two students in one guide. I think I should have done that last year :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes things easier! I have to add science for my 5th grader, but he does it independently.

      Delete
  2. I have heard good things about Bigger Hearts for His Glory, although I've never used it. We have used the God's Design books and really liked them!

    ReplyDelete