Saturday, July 25, 2020

Homeschool Highlights 7/20/20 - 7/24/20


I have a new Homeschool Highlights button. Please use it on the posts you link up! Just copy and paste if you wish. You can also link it back to this post.

This week we started preparing to go home to Louisiana! Rod should be finished here today or tomorrow and we will head back home. Here are a few highlights from our week.

Starting last Thursday I started eating healthy. I stay below 1000 calories a day by eating healthy, whole foods. I've lost weight but I'm not sure how much because I didn't bring any scales with me! When we get home in a few days, I'll weigh myself and know. I feel great, I'm drinking tons of water, and exercising with some light aerobics videos. I can tell in my stomach area, my legs, and my face that I'm smaller. My shorts are fitting better and even my kids have mentioned that I look smaller!


Sweet potatoes and turkey sausage - my new favorite quick and easy meal

Titus completed week 3 in Adventures in U.S. History by My Father's World. We read about Jamestown and Pocahontas and pilgrims in Holland getting ready to come to America. 
In science he did a few experiments with air, including one where he filled up a cup with water, put a piece of cardboard over the top, and flipped it upside down. He was amazed that the cardboard stayed on the cup and kept the water from spilling out! He also likes filling out his experiment sheet.

He is about halfway through with Singapore 1B and just started multiplication. I was very surprised by how quickly he caught on to the concept and how well he did!
He learned about possessive nouns and apostrophes in language arts and worked on his cursive. He did four lessons in his art book and read several books on his own. 

Zeke's theme this week was bugs! We based our week on the book Mrs. Peanuckle's Bug Alphabet. Monday he had a bug transfer tray. He couldn't use the tongs, so he used his fingers to transfer the bugs from the tray into the lids. 


Tuesday he had a bug rescue tray. He had to peel the masking tape off of the bugs to "rescue" them. He loved this tray!



Wednesday he had a bug color smack tray. I gave him a fly-swat and he had to smack the bugs when I called out a color. He lost interest in following directions, but he loved using the fly-swat on anything and anyone!


Thursday he had a sensory tray. I filled the tray with oatmeal, bugs, a magnifying glass, and a bug net. This was a super simple sensory tray but he had the best time with it!

He also had this tot tray last Saturday. I gave him four pool diving rings and plastic keys in matching colors. He had to match the keys to the rings. He did a very good job on this!


The bug theme is an Explore With Books unit in my Etsy Shop, link in sidebar. If you're not following my toddler account on Instagram, you should! I have flash sales each Friday, I share a daily Tot Tray for Zeke with easy and fun tot school activities, and helpful hints to teaching and raising toddlers - @toddler_school.

Here are a few random shots from the week!



Honey, oats, and peanut butter - oh and some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips - a healthy alternative to oatmeal cookies for myself and my kids - at 115 calories each I can only eat one but it does satisfy my sweet tooth












How was your week?


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you'll all get to be at home together soon! Loving the new button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job with your eating healthier. Great job! I love all of Zeke's bins this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy trails home! Love both the new graphic and the look of the blog. Good for you for eating better and taking care of yourself.. I still struggle with balancing healthy eating and exercise with those splurges here and there but I feel so much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you do a great job of keeping your lad busy and learning. :) I could see a lad having fun with a fly swatter....

    ReplyDelete