Thursday, May 28, 2020

Tot School - Week 2



Zeke has been using the Bible ABCs for Ones, Twos, and Threes that I wrote. He completed Week 1 last week and Week 2 this week. It's written as a 5-day a week curriculum with the 5th day being a nature walk and story time with books that go along with the weekly theme.

This week, his Bible story was B for Brothers - Cain and Abel. We read the story several times in his 5-Minute  Bible Stories book. He used his Tot Learning Mat for Cain and Abel to help tell the story. I will tell the story and hand him the correct cards to place on the mat. I try to get him to repeat words to help increase his vocabulary.  He is very good at these Tot Learning Mats!

He also used his Tot Learning Mat for the color white.

We talked about sheep and his color of the week was white. I drew the outline of a sheep on a sheet of construction paper and he placed white paper hole reinforcement stickers on the sheep. He loves anything with stickers!
I gave him two bowls and ten cotton balls. He had to transfer the cotton bowls from one bowl to the other. I had some plastic tongs but he had a difficult time manipulating them, so I handed him a plastic spoon which was much easier for him! He stayed busy almost 20 minutes with this activity, so I repeated it this morning.


He played with white play-dough. I showed him how to roll balls and called them "sheep." He loves play-dough!

I talked to him about families, especially his siblings. We read several books on love, hugs, and families. We read this really cute book called, "What Brothers Do Best!" He loves to listen to stories.
He put pictures of "brothers" on a letter "B." I simply printed out some clip art of boys.
For our nature walk, we looked for white items. We saw lots of white ducks at the park this week! We saw white clouds and white rocks. He loves seeing white trucks because my dad drives a white truck. Anytime he sees one he hollers for "Papa!"



If you'd like to see what we did for Week 1, it's in this post toward the bottom.

1 comment: