Friday, May 29, 2020

Homeschool Highlights: 5/25/20 - 5/29/20




It's hard to believe May is almost over! We are still in Texas with Rod. We have two full weeks left here and then we will head back home. It's been very hot! We spent Memorial Day at the bowling alley about half an hour away from where we are staying. We had a blast! The kids hadn't been bowling in years. We bowled three games. Afterwards we went and ate Mexican food for a late lunch.



The parks and playgrounds are still closed, but we did get to walk at one park this week. We watched the ducks and turtles play in the water! Zeke loved this!


Mercie, Silas, and Titus worked in their Summer Learning Binders. We also did a lesson from a review product about the First Encounter of the Pilgrims and Native Americans. It was a pretty interesting lesson, and the kids had to draw a picture of what they would have seen and how they would have felt if they were arriving to the New World on the Mayflower. They did a great job!



I've been working on Tot School resources for Zeke, and listing them on Etsy and Teachers Pay Teachers. I've also been trying to get our school curriculum lined up for August and get mentally prepared for everything we are planning to do.

We've made several trips to the library for books and movies. We've watched a ton of Scooby-Doo, the Mentalist, the Natural Treasure movies, and now we are hooked on Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. I watched that show when I was a kid, and I love it just as much now as I did then!

Mikaela is feeling pretty good. She is 17 weeks pregnant and starting to show a little bit! We ordered Daniel's Christmas stocking kit for my mom. She has made all of the kid's Christmas stockings just like she made mine and my sisters when we were kids.

We are lining up her senior year curriculum. She is going to homeschool for her senior year and then she wants to enroll in beauty school. She is going to use Apologia's Advanced Biology, Saxon's Advanced Math, Babylonian History from School House Teachers, and British Literature from Schoolhouse Teachers. All she needs are those four credits to graduate.

School House Teachers is having a big sale that ends June 1, so if you're curious about the website, which offers a TON of course options, curriculum, videos, and World Book access, now is the time to try it! It's only $139 for an entire year's subscription for the whole family! You will also receive 19 free gifts and a tote bag! I have printed off so many units for the kid's Summer Learning Binders, not to mention we are using their Astronomy course next year for my boys. Check it out! Click the picture below!



Random shots from the week:

We went on a drive Sunday and took some pictures!


He loves playing in the dirt.

Zeke snuggling with Mercie.

He loves our daily walks! 


I found this at a flea market and bought it for my kitchen! I love cows. This reminds me of my mom's kitchen when I was a kid!

Every time he puts on my glasses he opens his mouth!

Mikaela and Zeke eating lunch!

Me and Mikaela!

"Tacos have fillings, too!"


How was your week? Link up any homeschool-related posts from the week. Be sure to visit the other posts in the link up and leave a comment. And please use my button on your blog and link back here! Thanks!!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. So... am I the only one that found it odd parks and playgrounds are closed but the bowling alley is open?! LOL. Sounds like a really great week regardless. I bet it's nice to be all together again as a family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I find it very odd and it really frustrates me! Everything seems to be open except playgrounds. We did have a good week.

      Delete