Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tickle My Tummy Tuesday: Cake Mix Cookies!

 
My sister-in-law and good friend, Abby over at Little House on the Turnrow, and I are co-hosting a new link-up - Tickle My Tummy Tuesday! This link-up will be for any kid-friendly recipes - meals, snacks, drinks, things kids can make themselves...any recipe that kids will love!



This week, I'm sharing a simple recipe that my kids love - Cake Mix Cookies! These cookies are so easy - only 3 ingredients necessary - and so versatile - you can add anything! Here is what you need:

1 box of cake mix, any flavor - we used "Devil's Food"
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
*optional : chocolate chips, nuts, M&Ms, peanut butter chips, frosting


Simply mix all the ingredients together, drop onto a cookie sheet, and bake at 350 for around 10 minutes. These cake mix cookies are always soft and chewy - yum! The best part is the kids can totally make these by themselves.

If you've ever made these, leave me a comment telling me which cake mix you used and which goodies you added!



7 comments:

  1. Great idea!! Looking forward to lots of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg @ Adventures with Jude,
      I tried to leave a comment, but I don't have a disqus account and I didn't see the disqus guest option.

      Here is the comment I was trying to leave:
      "Homemade vanilla cupcakes sound yummy! I have some homemade vanilla extract sitting here, too :)"

      Delete
  2. I've been trying to share recipes with my girls :) Your cake cookies sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 13 year old daughter actually made the ones in the pictures! So easy - no measuring flour and sugar!

      Delete
  3. We love cake mix cookies! We've made spice cake ones before and used frosting to make sandwich cookies.

    ReplyDelete