Friday, June 28, 2024

Friday Favorites

This was a very, very busy week! I feel like we haven't even had time to breathe this summer between baseball and summer camps and VBS and speech therapy and football workouts and church activities! This week was no exception, but I honestly do think that next week will be the start of a slow(er) July.

I put Zeke in swimming lessons this week, every day from 11:00-12:00. He was in a class with two other kids, and there were three teachers/helpers, so it was basically a one-on-one class. Zeke really surprised me and did such a fantastic job! It was fun to watch him learn a new skill and thrive in a new environment. 


Monday, I dropped Titus off at the Ag Center to go to 4H Camp. This is his second year going, and he had a blast. He did watersports as his elective, and he learned how to paddleboard! I think I'm going to buy one for our pond.

Tuesday, I took Eli and Silas to Monroe for Eli's birthday and to take care of some business. My mother-in-law took Zeke to swimming lessons for me, and then he went home with her for a few hours. They also got pizza for lunch! My mom met me halfway and picked up Zoey for the night. We had a good time shopping and eating pizza - Eli's choice! 


I came home and got some stuff done, including working on Gendeling's stocking for Christmas (fingers crossed she'll be able to be here by Christmas). This is my second stocking to make - I made my granddaughter Mikenna's last year! My mom used to make these stockings for all of her daughters, their husbands, and the grandchildren, but she passed the baton on to me last year. It's so much fun, but very time-consuming. I do feel like I'm much quicker and more efficient this year, though. 


Wednesday, I woke up early as usual. I baked a huge (11 x 19) lasagna! Our Children in Action group at church had a service project. We invited a group from the Mary Biggs Day Developmental Training Center in town, which is a program for developmentally challenged adults, to come to the church for a meal and a craft. The kids served the adult students a lunch of lasagna, green beans, salad, garlic bread, and several yummy desserts. After we ate, the kids led them in the making of a craft - contact paper and tissue paper sun catchers! It was such a good morning! The kids were blessed, the students were blessed, and I was blessed as well! It's definitely something we want to do again.





My mother-in-law took Zeke to swimming lessons and Silas to football practice for me. Then I met them in town and headed to Tallulah to pick up Zoey from my mom's. She lives about an hour from me. I also took my niece, Laylah, and nephew, Liam, with me and left them at my mom's for the night. On the way, I got a call from camp that Mercie was running fever over 100, so I called Eli and asked him to run and pick her up for me. It was only about an hour's drive, and now her throat is hurting really bad.


Zoey had a blast at Nana’s! She got to swim, get her toes painted, and was the center of attention the entire time!






We stayed at my parent's home and visited for a while, but there was a potentially big storm coming our way, so we headed home to beat it! We got home, stopped by the church for the leftover lasagna (I left it in the fridge), and came home. Zeke had picked out a new toy when he was with my mother-in-law, and Zoey really, really wanted it. He told her, "I bought it for us to share!" They had fun playing together for a while, but she's pretty bossy, so it didn't end well. 



Thursday, I made Mercie a doctor's appointment because she still had fever and was coughing pretty bad, as well as her throat being really sore. After her appointment, she picked up Titus because he returned from camp. I took Zeke to swimming lessons, and Zoey came with me. Zeke did such a great job, even jumping off the diving board! He doesn't like his head going under, but they worked on that, and he finally got to where he would very quickly pop his head under and back up. Zoey and I watched Zeke and then we walked around the property a bit. It was actually a nice 81 degrees - compared to the 95-degree weather we've been having, it felt so nice. 




I took Zeke and Zoey to eat pizza after swimming lessons, and then we came home and played outside since the weather was just too nice to go inside.


Zeke has his last day of swimming lessons tomorrow, and then I think our summer will finally slow down just a little bit. I'm ready for some rest! 

6 comments:

  1. You deserve some rest. Whew! You have a lot of moving parts between your active kids and church/ community activities. Really impressive- and then you have time to write about it (which is wonderful because you tend to forget the details). I hope Mercie starts to feel better. Zoe is so cute and how kind of Zeke to share his new toy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a calendar that I keep every single thing on, before and after events, so I don’t forget! It’s sort of like a diary or a journal. I keep them each year and it’s fun to go back and look at what all we did!

      Delete
  2. I hope Mercie gets better. Your kids are blessed by your love and commitment. May your July be slower, and your joys be multiplied.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have definitely been busy! I hope Mercie gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete