Friday, March 8, 2024

Friday Favorites: Not Such a Great Week

This week wasn't the best week we've had in a while. I decided to wean Zoey last Friday, and I can happily say that she is totally weaned now. She still asks to nurse, but she is asking a lot less than she was at first. I've had some pain and soreness, but I think it's getting better now.

We did have some days with sunny weather.

Zoey also got sick on Sunday - and she's still not quite 100%. She's been whiny off and on all week, due to the sickness and the weaning. This wasn't the best time to wean, but I didn't realize she was going to get sick. I took her to the doctor on Monday, but it's just a virus. All of her flu and covid tests came back negative, and her ears looked good.


She put her stickers on her shirt.

Zeke got sick on Wednesday night with fever and a sore throat. His throat was red with white bumps - just like it did when he got strep throat. However, he had his tonsils taken out in August exactly for this reason. He got strep throat at least once a month. I took him to the doctor, and while his rapid strep test was negative, the doctor said it looks just like strep throat to him, and his lymph nodes were really swollen (also happened when he got strep). Evidently some people will still get strep throat after a tonsillectomy. Ugh! 

I called out letters for him to find on the posters.

Titus's baseball game was canceled Monday due to rain, and we got more rain all throughout the week. Today we have had some bad weather already with more to come this afternoon, so his practice was canceled today too. 

My week wasn't the greatest, but I think it's important to always remember the good things that did happen. So here are some of the highlights:

Zeke and I did get his schoolwork done this week, and he made this adorable kangaroo pencil holder!


Zoey and I did not get any tot school done this week, but we did sit on the porch and play with play-dough a few times. She loves play-dough, but she still wants to eat it! I'm ready for her to quit tasting it every time I let her play with it.


We did start Treehouse Nature study Spring, and Zeke really liked dissecting a bean seed. 

The boys and I spent Thursday afternoon picking up the yard and doing some things that needed done. 

My mom came and sat with Zeke and Zoey on Wednesday so I could go to town alone. I enjoyed being able to run errands in peace! I went to the library by myself, too. That was nice!

Maybe next week will be a little more productive, and I hope both the little ones will feel much better. How was your week?

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, sorry to hear about the sickness. I hope that everyone is on the mend and feeling completely like themselves in no time. We had some severe weather, here, too and lots of rain. It´s been gray and yucky most of the week but no one has been sick. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both of them are both getting much better now - thankfully!

      Delete
  2. Sending love and hugs. Weaning little one's is such an emotional time for them and you. I hope everyone is feeling better now. I am glad you made time to think of the good times during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everyone is feeling better. I hope this week is a better one for you. Thank you for sharing your post with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #28.

    ReplyDelete