Friday, November 10, 2023

Week in Review: Week 6 in MFW Kindergarten

This week's theme was letter A for Apple in My Father's World God's Creation from A to Z. We had a busy week, as usual, but still did so much more than I thought we were going to!

Monday:

Zeke loves pattern blocks, so I printed this free activity from Teachers Pay Teachers for him. He had to fill in the apple shapes with pattern blocks and write how many of each shape he used. I then had him trace around the blocks and color them in. He really liked this, so I'm going to try to find some more of these for him to do.





He also colored and cut apart his picture cards for the letter A and put them in an envelope. We reviewed the other letters he has learned so far (s, m, l) and he sorted them all by beginning sound.

We read the Apple pages in the God's Amazing Creation book by My Father's World. This is the best improvement they've made to this curriculum! 



Tuesday:

I set out some red, green, and yellow felt and our Learning Resources Apple Attribute sorting set for Zoey. She sorted a little by color, and then just played for a while! I'm trying to include her in some of Zeke's activities as well as introduce her to some concepts, like colors and sorting.




Zeke did a Roll and Add activity in his morning journal. He loved rolling the dice and writing down the addition problems, so we will probably do this again soon.




I created this Fruit of the Spirit cut-and-glue activity. He loves the Fruit of the Spirit song, and can say (or sing) all nine fruits.




Zeke completed his handwriting worksheet and sound discrimination worksheet for the letter A. 



He also finished his Apple Pop Art project.




Wednesday

I cut some green, yellow, and red paper into small squares and he graphed the "apples." He has done graphing before, but he enjoys repeating activities.


He also did an Attribute Grid and his cut-and-paste sound worksheet.



He made this free Johnny Appleseed poem wreath. It turned out adorable! He water colored the apple template, and I cut the apples out for him when they dried. He glued the poem to the middle of a paper plate, and then glued the apples all around. 


Friday

He drew four pictures that began with the short /a/ - apple, alligator, animal, and ax. I dictated the words to him and he spelled them out below. This is such a great activity, and he loves doing this each week!


We traced his hand and arm on brown paper, and I cut it out along with a green tree top. He glued them to cardstock and then used his finger dipped in red paint to dot apples on the tree. I cut out a small yellow bird for him to glue in the tree, and then we glued the poem included in the lesson plan on the tree. Such a cute craft!





I also found a Parts of an Apple worksheet for him to color.


He found the geo-board and spent over an hour making designs on it!


Daily

Every day we write the date on the calendar and then say the days of the week and months of the year. He has the days of the week memorized but we're working on the months of the year!

I also have a journal page for him to do each morning in a blank sketchbook. He loves this and it is a fun way to get transitioned from playtime to schooltime. 

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Friday

He works in his Before the Code book and Rod and Staff workbooks each day, and I occasionally have a math worksheet from Abeka Math that he does. 

Books We Read









Monday, Zeke packed shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. 


Wednesday night we had TeamKid at church. Thursday was co-op day and speech therapy afterwards. My mom watches Zoey while Zeke and I go since it's nearly an hour to co-op and another twenty minutes to speech therapy from there. It's a long day for us, and Zoey has much more fun with my mom than she would in the car all day.



We love using My Father's World for Kindergarten! It's such a fun curriculum, and it is so easy to add in extra activities (which I always do!).

How was your week?


2 comments: