Saturday, January 22, 2022

The Peaceful Preschool - Letter B

 Zeke enjoyed another week learning all about bears, blueberries, and bunnies! The Peaceful Preschool is such a gentle preschool guide and we are really loving it. I'm not going to list each activity we did like I did for the letter A week. It's a free sample week so I didn't feel as if I were giving too much away by listing things out so specifically. Here is an overview of what Zeke did. He had such a fun week! His books were "Blueberries for Sal", "The Runaway Bunny", and the Creation story from the Bible.


Zeke counted "blueberries" (blue pom poms) into this tray. I placed the numbers 1-5 in the squares and he had to count out that many blueberries. He can recognize the numbers 1-5 by sight now and can count out that many objects. 


I also set out a tin bucket of blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Zeke sorted them into smaller bowls, and then taste-tested each of them. He loves strawberries, but is not a fan of blueberries or raspberries!


This was a free printable from Royal Baloo. He colored the letter "b" bush green, added dot marker blueberries, and colored, cut out, and glued the bear family by the blueberry bush.





These were all free cut and glue printables from Teachers Pay Teachers. He color matched the characters from Brown Bear, Brown Bear, sorted uppercase and lowercase Bs, and glued the bears in number order 1-10. I had to help with the numbers 6-10, but he did such a great job with 1-5!


He also sorted socks and tried folding them together. This is one the "practical life" skills in The Peaceful Preschool. I'm always tempted to skip these, but then I'm always glad when I don't!





Another sorting activity was sorting animals into pairs. I put a set in each basket and he had to find their pairs and line them up. He also loved this!


He used the number cards from The Peaceful Preschool to count out colored bears. He did all ten numbers on his own, and I was so proud of him.




He really enjoyed sorting the animals by land and water. He understood the concept and did such a good job. This was simply two pieces of felt I laid in an old wooden tray. I added a mix of land and water animals from our collection. He played with this for a long time!






These were two activities from The Peaceful Preschool. He had a great time making the bunny mask and gluing the "bunny tails" onto his letters!


He also transferred "bunny tails" using tongs. He has finally gotten the hand of using the tongs to transfer items. Cotton balls are a great first choice because they're easy!


I printed this bunny labeling worksheet for Zeke as an introduction to labeling. I would name the body part, he would find it, and then he glued the label in the correct box. He wanted to color the bunny blue!

I'm so excited about everything he is learning. Have you read these books?




No comments:

Post a Comment