Sunday, August 8, 2021

Tot School Week in Review: August 2-6

 This was our last week of relaxed tot school before we start formal homeschool next week! All of my kids will begin on Monday - an 8th, 6th, and 4th grader along with my preschooler, Zeke! We did some fun toddler school activities, but we mainly played and enjoyed some outside time. Here are the tot trays Zeke did this week:

Craft Stick Sorting

I gave Zeke some craft sticks in six colors and a popsicle mold, and he sorted them all by color. Sorting by color is definitely something he is comfortable with since he's been doing it well over a year now. These "easy" tot trays build his confidence and help foster independent play. 






Mini Sensory Bin

I also tested out a mini sensory bin with Zeke this week because I'm planning to have one new one each week for him. This one contained two bags of colored fish tank pebbles from the Dollar Tree, a wooden scoop, and two small plastic containers. He had so much fun with this and it kept him entertained for about half an hour.





Clothespin Color Clip

I made these colored pencil cards, laminated and cut them apart and gave Zeke some colored clothespins. He had to clip the matching clothespins on the pencils. He did such a good job with this! He finally got the hang of using the clothespins, which is great because I have plenty of ideas for this!





Silly Straw Threading

This is an activity Zeke and I tried months ago, and he didn't have the fine motor skills to thread the felt squares on the silly straws. This time, he did! He did an excellent job and repeated the activity several times. Definitely one I'm keeping for him.




Tracing Shapes

Zeke used a dry-erase marker to trace the shapes on his shape flashcards (available in my Etsy shop). He loves doing this, and his tracing skills are impressive!


Other Activities

He also pressed golf tees into a styrofoam block, picked peas with the big kids, played with his busy binder (available in my Etsy shop), and worked in an activity kit we won in an Instagram giveaway!











Next week, we will begin homeschool! In celebration of that, I have created a "Back to Tot School" pack for all of my blog subscribers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment