Friday, March 1, 2024

Friday Favorites: March Begins

I'm linking up with Friday Favorites, sharing some of my favorite moments from the week. 

Titus had another baseball game on Monday night! He was only on the roster for the first game this week, so we were home by 8:30 instead of 10:30. I was thankful for that because I was pretty exhausted. 


I watched Daniel and Mikenna on Wednesday so Mikaela could go to her hair appointment. My mom came and helped - a 5-month-old, 17-month-old, 3-year-old, and 5-year-old can be a bit much! We had a great time, though, and Mikaela loved how her hair turned out. I should have taken a picture.


Zoey has been taking long naps for the past week or so - like two-hour naps! This is such a change from her usual catnapping, but I am so excited for it. I can get a lot done in two hours, including resting, if she will keep up this marvelous trend.


Mercie had to make a plant-cell cake for school this week with a partner, and I think it turned out pretty cute. 


Eli left on Thursday, flying out to Nicaragua! He is getting married on Saturday. He will be staying for three months before flying home for a week and then back to Nicaragua for another three months. I'm going to really miss him, but I am really excited for him and this new chapter of his life. 

- Eli and Gendeling -

I've been cross-stitching a picture that I designed. It's 12 blocks that each have a symbol for that month in the box. I think it's going to look really nice when it's finished and framed. It's going to be a 3 by 4 grid. I'm working on March now, and it's turning out so cute! Any guesses what March’s symbol is? 


I changed my nail wraps to a pretty pink color, but I'm about ready to change them again. 


We've had a mix of weather this week - sunny, windy, rainy, stormy, cool, warm...no wonder we're all suffering with sinus issues! I always love the view from my back porch, seeing the cows and horses. Sometimes they come right up to the fence, and we can watch the little calves play.


What was your favorite moment from the week?




6 comments:

  1. Congrats to your son! That is exciting!! That cake is so cute. What great week of favorites! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your son! Such an exciting new adventure for him. I'll take a guess at what your march cross-stitch might be...a flower? Thank you for sharing your favorites with us at the Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #27. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so exciting! And no, it’s not a flower!! It’s a rainbow!

      Delete
  3. That is great you got an early finish from baseball.
    All the kids do sound a handful but I imagine a lot of fun.
    The cake looks fantastic.
    I hope Eli's trip goes well. Good luck to him in the new chapter in his life. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very excited for Eli, although I'm going to really miss him. He brings a lot of life to our house.

      Delete