Sunday, March 3, 2024

ABC Jesus Loves Me: Year One, Week Eleven

Zoey is 17 months old, and we're using ABC Jesus Loves Me, Year One - the free curriculum. I make a loose "lesson plan" for the week with the ideas on the website and a few extras that I come up with.


TUESDAY:

I put some cotton balls into a whisk and showed Zoey how to pull them out and push them back in again. This is such a simple fine motor activity! She didn't play with this as long as I had hoped, but I kept it out for later this week.




Her color this week is white, so I pulled out our white Kwik-Stix paint stick. She loves these! She painted her cat coloring page, her last Color Train, and then I gave her some black cardstock to paint on. The white showed up so well on the black!










THURSDAY:

Zoey is loving stickers at the moment, so I let her put a bunch of white dot stickers on some brown cardstock today. Zeke helped hand them to her since she can't peel them off of the sticker sheet yet. Zeke and I decided it looked like snowballs!







She is really into using glue sticks and paint sticks, so she used a glue stick all over her I is for Infant coloring page, and then I helped her glue some yellow "hay" on the manger.





I had written in my plans for her to transfer cotton balls with a spoon, but decided to give her some large jingle bells to transfer. She really liked doing this! Her attention span for these activities is so short, but she did this for several minutes before letting me know she was finished by throwing it on the floor.





FRIDAY:

I cut out two mittens in four different colors (yellow, green, blue, and red) and helped Zoey sort them into matching bowls. She liked this, and I was a little surprised to see how well she could sort when she wanted to!






Next we did some water-coloring painting. As always, she painted her face. I don't know what her fascination with face-painting is!






She glued some infants (clip art) on the letter I's.





She stamped cats on the cat worksheet using silver ink. It was the closest thing to white ink I had!




And that's a wrap in Tot School for the week.

2 comments:

  1. She´s so cute and painting her little face is making me smile this Monday morning!! Have a great day :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is cute, and luckily it cleans off easily!

      Delete