Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Currently: March 2024

I'm joining Jennifer again for this month's Currently blog link-party! It was fun last month, so I decided to join in again this month. 

What I'm LOVING:

I'm loving that my oldest son got married on Saturday! He went on a mission trip last summer to Nicaragua with my parents, fell in love with a girl from a small village in the mountains, kept in touch, went back in December and proposed, and got married March 2! He will be staying there until the summer when she can get her tourist visa and come here. He's also working on her spousal visa (which takes longer than a tourist visa). Here are a few pictures from the ceremony down there. They're not professional because they just do things differently down there! 





I'm also loving my new dining room table! I've been in search of a table that seats 8 that will fit in my smallish dining room, and this table and chair set is perfect. I love the color of the wood, and the chairs are comfortable and large! Now I'm in search of placemats because I'm afraid it will get dirty. I told the kids, let's not eat at the table for a few days! They just looked at me like I was crazy.



I'm loving that Zeke has really been making progress with his reading. Going through his word list is much quicker and more fun than it was at first. He picks up on new concepts really fast, so I'm thinking he will be reading by summer!



What I'm LOOKING FORWARD TO:

I'm looking forward to the end of summer when Eli and Gendeling will be coming home. We're going to have a reception/wedding shower for them, and that will be fun! I can't wait to meet my new daughter-in-law.




I'm also looking forward to these beautiful spring days that will be here soon. We've had some warmer weather lately, and I love being able to spend so much time outdoors. Baseball season has begun, and it's way more fun to watch the games in cool, spring weather than in hot, muggy, summer weather. We have been spending much more time outside!



What I'm PLANNING:

I'm currently planning for our church's Vacation Bible School since I'm the director again. It's fun to plan, but it's way harder to find the time with a 17-month-old! Our theme is The Great Jungle Journey by Answers in Genesis. Jungle themes are easy to find decorations for!



I'm also planning out Treehouse Schoolhouse's Nature Study for Spring. I think it will be really nice to have a planned-out nature study for Zeke. There are so many beauty subjects she incorporates into these unit studies, like art and music and poetry as well as science and nature, copy work and narrations. It will stretch Zeke's mind a little, and that will be a great thing for him. We started on it today, and I really think he is going to enjoy it.



What I'm WEARING:

I've been wearing a mix of jeans and maxi skirts. I try to wear a skirt or dress to church each Sunday, and honestly, I enjoy wearing skirts and dresses. I have been wearing some skirts during the week, too, simply because they're comfortable and cool! Jeans are so uncomfortable to me. The older I get, the less I care to be uncomfortable in my clothes! I'm going to pick up some more skirts for the spring and summer next time I go shopping. I rarely take pictures of my outfits, so this one is the only recent one I could fine! Eli snapped it one day after church.




I've also been wearing my Birkenstock chunky clogs a lot this winter. I broke out my Birkenstock sandals and realized I need some new ones! I usually get one pair a year, but I wear them almost daily, so they wear out quickly. I think I'll buy two new pair this year! These are the ones I'm eyeing:









What I'm EATING:

I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary lately. When Eli and I went shopping for his wedding clothes, we at Sbarro pizza and it was delicious! I cooked a pot roast for lunch after church Sunday, and I made Rod a chicken pot pie with biscuits on top Friday evening per his request. I have been eating these Resee eggs that are so good - they're the only Resee candy I like (well they have bells and hearts, too). The outer shell is hard chocolate, and the peanut butter filling is smooth. I don't like regular Resee cups!


That's it for this month's Currently post! 

9 comments:

  1. Agree 100% with your Reese´s analysis :). I love and live in my Birks as well. And I agree with you about jeans- I will wear them out and about but as soon as I get home, I take them off and put on comfy clothes. I never wear them around the house. Lastly, congrats to your son and his wife! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually went ahead and ordered the middle pair above since they were marked down! I live in mine most of the year, too.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on a new daughter in law! What fun...and I know you will have planning a reception here!! And I think we might be doing the same VBS year. Not positive but it sounds familiar. All the best with your planning - I would love that job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been VBS director for three years in a row now. It really suits my personality! I love planning and executing.

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your son and newest family member! That is so exciting. I bet you can't wait to see them and celebrate. Your new table is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the table. I am so excited to meet Gendeling! It's so wild that two of my children are married now. And my 16-year-old and her boyfriend are already planning their wedding - it will be neat to see how that works out!

      Delete
  4. Congrats to your son and his bride! It's so different to not have met your new daughter-in-law yet, but that is a very exciting meeting to look forward to! I love your new dining room table and I totally get you wanting to use placemats. I was so obsessive over keeping my dining table clean when it was new last year. LOL I've settled down a LITTLE bit since then. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I get a little less worried about it soon, but I do want to keep it looking just as good as it does now!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your son's wedding! Between a wedding reception and VBS it sounds like you have a lot to plan for!

    ReplyDelete