Thursday, January 14, 2021

Tot School - C is for Community Helpers!




This was our C is for Community Helpers Tot School week! Zeke was 23 months old when he completed this week. You can tell by his clothes which activities he did on the same day. 

Fill the Garbage Truck!

I made this little worksheet for Zeke. I put a wooden number on the sheet and he had to count out that many garbage bags (black linking cubes) to put in the garbage truck! He can't recognize his numbers yet, so I would put the number down and tell him what it was. Then I would give him the correct number of linking cubes for him to count out. I helped him with counting, too.


Community Helper Vehicle Matching!

I got these Melissa and Doug wooden vehicles from Amazon for less than $12. I found clip art of the same type of vehicles and tried to get as close of a match as I could. I laminated and cut apart the cards and Zeke had to match the vehicles to the cards. He loved this and has really enjoyed the wooden vehicles.


Pattern Building!

I found these Build It! Pattern Cards from lll. I printed and laminated them, but Zeke was not too interested in this activity. Daddy even got involved, trying to spark some interest, but this was not his favorite. He loves linking cubes, but he doesn't love following patterns yet. He did love these three piece puzzles from Learning Journey. I pulled out the ones that were community helpers and he would do these over and over again.




Bandage the Bear!

He loved this activity, which required matching colored bandages to the bear. I laminated these and added Velcro. He also did the doctor three piece puzzle.




Positional Word Practice!

I used the hospital and doctor printables to work on positional words with Zeke. I would ask him to put the doctor over the hospital, under the hospital, beside the hospital, behind the hospital, etc. He followed the directions really well and knew his positional words better than I expected.


Some of Zeke's worksheets:

He dot markered the C and c and the hospital page.



He put community helper vehicle stickers on his C and c.


He traced lines.

He put star stickers inside the dots on the policemen and policewomen.


He colored the hospitals the correct colors.


We had a great week learning about Community Helpers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment