Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Resurrection Day Ideas

Resurrection Day will look somewhat different for our family this year. Normally, we go to church in our pretty new spring clothes and then have a big lunch with my parents, my sisters, and my niece and nephews. This year it will be just me and my six kiddos. Rod is still in Texas working, so he won't be here. Of course we won't be going to church because it's closed for now. I still want to make the day special because it is the day that our Lord rose from the grave and defeated sin and death forever! Here are a few things we will be doing.

Resurrection Eggs:
I bought these from Christianbook.com years ago. They make a really hands-on way to tell the Crucifixion and Resurrection story. 
Resurrection Eggs, 20th Anniversary Edition   -

I think I'm going to make our own Resurrection eggs this year, though. 

Resurrection Rolls:
We will be using crescent rolls to make this recipe.

A fun Easter treat that teaches children (and adults!) the real reason behind the holiday of Easter. These resurrection rolls are so easy to make and absolutely delicious!


Resurrection Baskets:
We don't do the Easter bunny or egg hunts, but I did get my kids a basket full of goodies this year. I don't normally do this, but I may have started a new tradition! I am calling it a "Resurrection Day Basket" instead of an Easter basket, but it's virtually the same thing other than I don't say a rabbit dropped the goodies off.

Resurrection Day Scavenger Hunt:
The kids are going to go on a nature scavenger hunt to find items that correlate with the Crucifixion and Resurrection. We may use this printable from Bless This Mess.
Easter Scavenger Hunt — Bless this Mess

I really hope to make the days leading up to Resurrection Day and Resurrection Day itself very special and memorable to the kids. What are you doing to make this holy day special?


2 comments:

  1. you know, I have never made resurrection rolls. maybe I'll try it this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have done Resurrection Day Cookies before, but the rolls are much simpler and tastier.

      Delete