Wednesday, October 19, 2016

What I Loved About Being on the Homeschool Review Crew

This year was my first year to be on the Homeschool Review Crew. For any of you who don't know what the Homeschool Review Crew is {formerly the Old School House Review Crew}, you can check out their website at http://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/

What being on the Crew means ...
It was a blessing this year to be a Crew Mate! I reviewed a total of 46 products this year, with 4 reviews left to write this year. Wow! I can't believe I have reviewed this many products! Some of them have been absolutely wonderful, while others we could live without!

Some of my favorite products were the Progeny Press literature study guides, Times Tales, Kwik Stix, and Apologia Astronomy {although we have put that away until my littles are bigger}.

Here are a few of the reasons I loved being on the Crew this year:
  • I was introduced to a wonderful group of homeschool parents that I interacted with on the private forums. Prayer requests were shared, questions about homeschooling and family were answered, and fun conversations were started on this forum!
  • I was introduced to new products - products that I had never heard of, products I had heard of but never tried, and products that I knew would work for our family.
  • I received so many fun games, movies, books, and curriculum for free! Best of all, I get to keep everything.
  • I learned a lot about blogging.
  • I "met" quite a bit of new curriculum providers that I will continue to use.
  • I had to think outside the box to use some of the review products, which sparked my creativity sometimes and showed me there is more than one way to do things.
If being on the Crew sounds like something you would like to do, they are accepting applications right now! There are a few requirements you must meet before you apply. Click here to read through these requirements to see if joining the Homeschool Review Crew would be right for you.


homeschool-review-crew-2017-applications
 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were a part of the Crew this year. It has been a whirlwind of a year but so much fun, with good friends, lots of support, and lots of learning. It has been such fun getting to know you, Megan. - Lori

    ReplyDelete