Saturday, February 19, 2022

Week in Review: 2/14/22 - 2/18/22



Monday was Valentine's Day! I gave the kids each a little bucket of candy and a funny card. We don't go all out for Valentine's Day. Rod and I exchanged cards and that is about all we do each year. We had a regular school day, too.

Tuesday morning Zeke had speech, so he and I made the hour long trip there and back. He does really well at speech! He goes back all by himself, which is very surprising if you know Zeke. He normally doesn't go anywhere without me! We always stop at Burger King on the way home, and he never lets me forget. Mercie, Silas, and Titus stay home and do schoolwork. Mercie does hers on her own, and Titus and Silas do a math lesson, language lesson, and art lesson.

lesson from Art Achive

Tuesday night Eli had a basketball game, and Titus had Tae Kwon Do. My mother-in-law helps me get Titus to TKD when Eli has games, otherwise I wouldn't be able to swing it.  

Wednesday night we had our Team Kid Valentine Party. The Acteen girls cooked for them, we had a photo booth, I gave a lesson on God's love, and then we played Bible Bingo with conversation hearts. It was a fun, but a bit chaotic, night.

Thursday night was another basketball game about half an hour away, and Titus had TKD again. My mother-in-law took Titus and Silas rode with them, while Mercie, Zeke, and I went to Eli's game. Mercie had her first tennis match scheduled, but it was cancelled due to rain and bad weather predictions. Instead they practiced inside the gym. 

Friday night was yet another basketball game, and now they're in the play-offs. Basketball is almost over and baseball is almost here. There is no real break!

We continued learning about Space with our 'Gather Round Homeschool unit. The boys learned about asteroids, Jupiter, and Saturn this week. They used modeling clay to add to their solar system models.

Silas's Jupiter

They also worked in their student workbooks - five pages a day. They actually enjoy completing these pages, and it doesn't take them long at all.

Titus - 4th grade

Silas - 6th grade


We continued reading in "Raiders from the Sea" which is a really good book so far! The boys never want me to quit reading after the daily chapter. We are also reading in "A Child's History of the World" about different Germanic tribes and the Vikings. 

How was your week?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!


2 comments:

  1. We had a good week; but it's weird now that I only have 1 student at home with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a weird feeling! But it’s awesome to see your older kids “launch” into the world!

      Delete