Saturday, February 5, 2022

The Peaceful Preschool - Letter E

 This week was all about eggs! Zeke's books were "An Egg is Quiet" and "Rechenka's Egg." Some of his activities this were:

EGG TRANSFER & 10-FRAME

I had these wooden eggs leftover from a project several years ago. I placed ten of them in a basket with a spoon and his wooden ten-frame. He enjoyed scooping them into the ten-frame! It was a great fine motor activity.

MAKING A NEST AND EGGS FROM CLAY

This was his first time to really use modeling clay, and he did fabulous! He made his own nest and four eggs to go inside. I let him paint them once they were dry.

PAINTING AN EGG

After we read "Rechenka's Egg", I was thinking I should let him paint an egg. My daughter beat me to it, though! She collected an egg from her chicken that had a hole in it, so she cleaned it out and let it dry. She then helped him paint it!



SHADOW MATCHING

I have had these shadow matching wooden puzzles for years. I pulled them out and set a few on a tray for Zeke. He came back to this activity several times this week.

LACING BEADS

He enjoys lacing beads, and these are just beautiful. 


ALPHABET MATCHING CARDS

I set the uppercase and lowercase cards for A-E in a basket. Zeke practiced matching the uppercase and lowercase letters. It's a little easy because the pictures match on the cards, but that does help him and he is still learning!

EGG SHAPE PUZZLES

I ordered this set from Amazon for around $13, and Zeke has played it with almost every day! He loves putting the eggs together according to their shapes.



MATCHING

We also used our tactile letters and moveable alphabet to match the upper and lower case letters. We do this each week and he loves it.

WORKSHEETS

You know me - I had to add plenty of fun egg-themed worksheets. All of these are created by me. 







Next week is letter F!

No comments:

Post a Comment