Thursday, January 23, 2020

Reading Through the Alphabet Link Up: A

This is the first week of Reading Through the Alphabet, and we are starting with A.

I'm going to do this challenge with my younger children, reading picture books. This week I scoured our bookshelves and picked three books to read.

First, we read "Amazing Animal Alphabet" by Brian Wildsmith. This is a very simple book with beautiful illustrations. Each page has a letter and animal - A is for Alligator, Z is for Zebra. It's a fun book to look at! The last few pages have some facts about each of the animals pictured.
Image result for amazing animal alphabet book
Second, we read "Angus Lost" by Marjorie Flack. This book is about a dog who is bored of the same yard, house, and cat and decides to go on an adventure to see what else was out there. It doesn't take long before Angus decides that home, with the same yard, house, and cat, is the best place to be. The pages in this book alternate between black and white and color illustrations. My 11 year old daughter thought it was a cute book!
Lastly, we read "Ask Mr. Bear", again by Marjorie Flack. This book is about a little boy who doesn't know what to get his mother for her birthday, so he asks all of the farm animals. However, none of them give him the perfect gift idea until he asks Mr. Bear, who tells him to give her a hug. This is one of my favorite books for young children. The illustrations in this book are so beautiful. Marjorie Flack does her own  illustrating, and she does a wonderful job.
I'd love to see what books you are reading this week (or even what you've read in the past, if you're linking up older posts), so please link-up below! All I ask is that you put my button on your page and link back to my blog. Thanks!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. Those all sound like really cute books. Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home. Pinned.

      Delete
  2. Love this!! I am a retired elementary school librarian and picture books are so special to me. Some of them are among my best friends. Well familiar with Marjorie Flack. Oldies but goodies. Might try to join you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love for you to join us! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE picture books and am grateful for grandchildren that give me the opportunity to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete