Sunday, January 19, 2020

ABC Jesus Loves Me: Year 1, Weeks 1 and 2

My youngest, Zeke, is almost 14 months old. I started ABC Jesus Loves Me with him a few weeks ago, mainly to give him some structured time to practice skills and maybe learn a few things. It takes us around 15 minutes a day, not all at once, to do what we do. We are using Year One, the free curriculum.

I have been making a simple "lesson plan" each week. It's really just a chart that lists the activities and learning objectives. I have it organized into three days, but sometimes we do something different on a different day. I try to have all the boxes checked off by the end of the week.

Week One

His Bible story was Noah's Ark. I have a Bible storybook with very short stories (5 sentences or so!) and beautiful illustrations. We read the story, and he made his ABC Book page by placing animal stickers on an ark. He loved the way the stickers were sticking to his fingers!


His color of the week was black. He colored his black train for his Color Train. He enjoys coloring.

I also have been making him a basket each week with his book of the week and some different toys and objects from around the house in his color of the week. This week, he had black cars, horses, a bull, a cat, an airplane, and a black ribbon. His book this week was "A Color Game for Chester Raccoon", because his animal of the week was a raccoon. I pointed out the raccoons in the book and he colored a raccoon with a black crayon.




He worked on a few fine motor skills like playing Peek-A-Boo, waving Bye-Bye, and learning where his head is. His song was "The B I B L E" and his poem was "Row, Row, Row Your Boat."

Week Two

His Bible story was Baby Moses, and he colored the baby and basket with a brown crayon. I cut them out and helped him glue them to a piece of brown paper.

His color of the week was brown, and he colored his train with a brown crayon.

He had brown horses, a cow, a dinosaur, brown felt, and a brown puppy in his basket this week. His book of the week was "Brown Bear, Brown Bear", which he loved reading! His animal this week was, of course, a bear. He dotted a bear with a brown dot marker. He also enjoyed dotting his hands!

 

He played with a sorting toy this week, and he loves it. He knows right where the circles go, but he needs help with the other shapes. He will do this over and over again!

His song was "Oh Be Careful Little Eyes" and his poem was "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". He was supposed to learn how to blow kisses, but he refuses to do it! He also learned where his mouth was, but he doesn't like to point to it when I ask.

All in all, we had a fun two weeks, and I am looking forward to next week. Linking up with Littles Learning Link Up!



http://totsandme.blogspot.com/search/label/Littles%20Learning%20Link%20Up

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, this looks like such fun. I miss these days. I've heard about ABC Jesus Loves Me. Sounds like it is going to be a fun curriculum to use with him. Thank you so much for joining in with Littles Learning Link Up. Your post was featured this week. I hope you will be able to stop by again.

    ReplyDelete