I've been homeschooling for a long time now, and I've used many Bible curriculums. This year, I have a 7-year-old 3rd grader and an almost 4-year-old preschooler. As I was looking for a Bible curriculum that would fit our needs, I came across Bible Study Guide for All Ages and was instantly interested! I purchased the digital Student Pages for Beginner (Zoey) and Intermediate (Zeke). As I printed out the first 26 lessons for each of them, I knew this would be perfect for our homeschool.
There are several options to add-on to the Student Pages. For the preschool level, there is a Beginner Timeline, Beginner Teacher Visuals, and Children's Songs.
For the Intermediate Level, you can add on Bible Book Summary Cards, Wall Maps and Timeline, and a Teacher's Key.
I reached out to Bible Study Guide for All Ages, and they very generously sent me a Beginner Timeline, Bible Book Summary Cards, and the Children's Songs.
The first thing we do each morning is our Bible Lesson. Each lesson is four pages, and I printed them front and back. We do half of the lesson each day, so one front and back sheet.
Zeke's Intermediate pages have Memory Workout, Remember It, and Guess What sections.
The Memory Workout usually has the Bible Book Summary Card to review, memory work such as reciting the twelves sons of Jacob or working on memorizing the books of the Bible, and questions from previous lessons.
The Remember It section has hands-on ways to review the previous lessons using coloring, matching, and drawing to answer questions. Zeke enjoys this section!
The next two pages are the lesson. Each box has scripture references to read. They're usually just a few verses at a time. There are directions to follow under each picture to reinforce what was read. This is usually circling the correct words, drawing something, or matching.
I really like how to lessons are written. I read the scripture straight from my Bible, then Zeke reads the instructions for each box and completes the activity.
The last page in each lesson alternates between mapping exercises and timeline. The mapping has helped Zeke visualize where the different places and landforms from the stories are, and the timeline activities are giving him an awareness of when different events took place.
There is also a Get Active and Apply It section on the last page. Get Active has game or art activities to reinforce the lessons and Apply It has talking points and discussion questions. We normally skip the Get Active section because some of the games are written for a larger group, but sometimes we do them!
The Beginner Level Student Pages are very age appropriate. They're set up the same as the Intermediate Student Pages, but the activities, questions, and Memory Workout are a little different. The Memory Workout for Beginner Level involves reviewing the Beginner Timeline Cards and reciting books of the Bible. Zoey has memorized Matthew-Romans so far, and I'm impressed.
The Remember It section is always coloring or matching to review the previous lessons. It always makes me smile when Zoey can answer a review question correctly.
I read the scripture aloud to both of them, and Zeke does his lesson activities on his own (mostly) while I help Zoey with hers. The Beginner pages are simpler, but very effective in helping her remember the stories.
The last page of the Beginner Level is not mapping or timeline activities, but instead a coloring page with a story that goes along with the Bible story. I read the story to her, and she has to finish the story aloud, with what's the best thing to do in that situation. It's helped her learn to discuss scenarios! There is also an Apply It section with extra discussion questions.
The Beginner Bible Timeline is a 34-card set. These full color, full page cards have questions about people, places, and events in the Bible. For example, "Who was the first man? Who was the first woman?" with the answer of "Adam and Eve." This is like a picture catechism, and I love it! Zoey is up to eight cards so far.
The Bible Book Summary Cards is a set of 66 full color, full page cards. The front of the cards have illustrations to describe some of the important people and events of the book. The back of the card has a summary of the book along with review questions for your child to review each day. This is a great resource! Zeke will be very familiar with the books of the Bible and the people, places, and events of each book.
The Children's Songs is a 2-CD set of songs. Some of the songs are the memory work, such as "The Twelve Sons of Jacob" song, which has taught Zeke and I both the names of all twelve sons. Some of the songs are Sunday School songs, like "I'm in the Lord's Army." We've enjoyed these songs, and while we don't listen to them each day, we do listen several times a week.
Bible Study Guide for All Ages is a wonderful resource for parents who want to teach their children the Bible without watered-down lessons or hard-to-do activities. I highly recommend the extra resources, as they will enhance your Bible lessons in ways you could never imagine. Bible Study Guide for All Ages has a permanent place in our home!
Check them out today!

















No comments:
Post a Comment