Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Christmas 2023 and Deer!

This Christmas really flew by, but the kids don't go back to school until January 8, so they still have nearly two weeks off.

I had my Sunday School class party on the 15th at the bowling alley. I bought pizza and gave my students a gift, and then they bowled and laughed and had the best time! I love teaching my class - it's the 4th through 6th graders and they're so much fun. I have four that come every Sunday, and two that come sporadically. Our "core" group came to the bowling party.

- Titus, Liam, Keller, and Kolson -



- Titus saw a friend at the bowling alley so he bowled with them a game -

We had our church Christmas play on the 17th. This was the fourth play that I've directed (with the help of my sister), and it turned out so well! It was called "We Three Kings" and was about the "star" that Gabriel sent to find the three kings - but the star went to the wrong century and to the wrong "Kings." It was so funny, and the kids knew their lines so well! This was Zeke's first play, and he knew his lines without any prompting!

We went to my husband's brother's house on the 23rd and had Christmas with that side of the family. We played the Saran Wrap ball game - it was hilarious! Mikaela was the lucky one to open the very center of the ball - $60 cash! My mother-in-law got Zeke a set of Imaginext Jurassic Park toys and Zoey a Little People Barbie car. I didn't get any pictures but I did get a lot of video of the game!

After we finished there, we went to my parent's house to visit with my sister, Heather, and her husband and two kids. We don't see them much since they have been living in Oregon for the past ten years or so. They recently moved to Missouri, so we're excited that we will be seeing them more often!

- Zeke and my nephew Liam -

- Mercie and my nephew Bryton -

- Mikaela and Mikenna with my niece Wraivyn -


- Me, Heather, my dad, and my sister Ashlie

- Most of the grandkids with my parents -

- my nephew Sawyer, my mom, Silas, and Titus -

Sunday we had our Christmas Eve service at church and then Mikaela, Ken, Daniel, and Mikenna came over for lunch and gift exchanging. We grilled some stuffed porkchops and I roasted some mini potatoes. We also had lima beans, a salad, and some yeast rolls. Mikaela got all of her siblings a gift, and we had tons of gifts for them! 

- Ken, Mikaela, and their two kids Daniel and Mikenna -

Monday morning we woke up and had Christmas here with the kids (minus Eli who is spending his Christmas break in Nicaragua). We all got way too much, but it was such a fun time. We went to my mom's for Christmas with my other sister who flew in from California Sunday. We ate some more and spent the afternoon visiting since we decided to forgo a gift exchange this year. After that we went to my husband's grandfather's house and visited with him for a bit. It was a fun and full day.


- Zoey and Zeke in their matching pajamas -

- Titus and Silas, buddies and brothers -

- Zoey got princess castle blocks to match Zeke's castle blocks -

- new Hey Dudes -

- lots of clothes for Mercie -


- Zeke was excited about his Branch Blocks -

- football for Titus and beaded western belt for Silas -

- Gotham Jail and Bat Cave for Zeke -


- Laylah, Sawyer, and Silas are a "cousin group" since they're around the same age -

We had a wonderful Christmas, but it will be nice to spend the rest of the week relaxing and resting! The kids have been hunting, and Eli killed a nice 10-point before he left for Nicaragua, Mercie killed a 7-point, Silas got an 8-point, and Titus killed his first buck, a nice little 6 point.

- Mercie and Silas killed their deer the same day -

- Eli's 10 point -

- We're shoulder mounting this one -

- Silas's 8 point -

- Mercie's 7 point -


- Titus's 6-point -


I've enjoyed my Christmas break, but honestly I'm ready to get back into a routine with Zeke and Zoey. We're going to start back with kindergarten for Zeke and tot school for Zoey on Monday!

How was your Christmas?


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. Ours was good too; we play that seran wrap game at my mother's house each year. This year my oldest got to the center and got the gift card.

    ReplyDelete