Sunday, March 13, 2022

Week(s) in Review: 2/28/22-3/11/22


This week in review will cover the past two weeks.

We had another busy week with several "short" days of school. Our short days are where we usually skip one or two subjects and just get done what I feel is important that day. Some days we skip grammar, other days we skip history or science. We were busy almost everyday this week! I do feel like I have a little more energy than I have the past several weeks, which is wonderful. I'm still napping with Zeke almost everyday but I do feel like I got more accomplished.

Monday I had a doctor's appointment to do some bloodwork. My doctor's office is an hour and a half away, so it's never just a quick trip. We did math, grammar, and some history that morning before I had to leave.  

Tuesday Zeke had speech therapy, which is an hour from our house. The only downside to living rurally is not having nearby access to things like this! We were home around lunch. The kids stayed home and did their independent work (Mercie does everything on her own). Titus had Tae-Kwon-Do that evening and Eli had a baseball game. I didn't go to the baseball game. While Titus was in TKD, we went grocery shopping. 

Wednesday Mercie had her first tennis match! She also had tennis pictures at the school at 1:00. We did a normal day's schoolwork, ate lunch, and headed to town. After her pictures, I dropped Zeke off at Mikaela's house and the boys and I went to her tennis match. It lasted a long time - around three and a half hours! I had my sister take my Bible Drill class and TeamKid class that night and I just went home and rested. 

Thursday morning Mikaela dropped Daniel off for us to watch while she took a placement test at the community college. She's wanting to go into the nursing program this fall. Needless to say we didn't get much schoolwork done that morning! It was a beautiful day so we spent it outside! Zeke drove Daniel around on his little side by side. Eli had baseball practice after school, and then he refereed the pee-wee basketball games (and earned $40) afterwards. When they were over he watched the rest of the softball game at the school and wasn't home until around 8:00. He's so busy with school and sports and other things, some days I don't see him much at all!

Friday we had no plans, so we did a normal day's schoolwork. We spent the rest of the day outside enjoying the almost 80 degree weather! Eli had a baseball game several hours away, so we didn't attend that either. 

Titus is reviewing a math program for the Crew.

The boys love playing in the hay.


Zeke did some tot school this week using the curriculum I wrote. He learned the H is for Horse. We didn't get to everything, but we will finish next week.


Titus has his TKD belt test Saturday morning. He did such a great job! I was excited to see all that he had learned so far. He is a quick learner. His belt ceremony will be in a few weeks. TKD has been really good for Titus, and I'm so glad I enrolled him. 

Now, last week! Monday we had a normal school day. The boys and I are reading "Door in the Wall" for our history read aloud. I'll admit - it's not our favorite, but we are finally getting into it! Mercie had another tennis match that afternoon. 

They love to play in the hay.

Tuesday Zeke had speech again. He is doing so well! He can make the /v/ and /f/ sound now. The trick is putting the sounds with the other sounds. He can say the sound, pause, and then say the rest of the word. His therapist is trying to get him to put it all together. He really enjoys going, which makes the hour drive there and the hour drive back worth it for me. All the kids rode with me today, because after his speech therapy I had more bloodwork at the doctor. This time it was for genetic testing since I'm "advanced maternal age" being 36. The perk is that I'll also find out the gender, probably this week. I'm eleven weeks now.

Zeke loves to help out with the calf's bottle.

Wednesday we did school. Titus is reviewing IEW's Fix It Grammar. He loves it so far, mainly because it's short! I think it's going to be very effective though, and I'm already considering it for next year for all the kids. Mercie had tennis; we had Bible Drill and TeamKid. Wednesday nights are exhausting for me now!

Thursday we had another normal day of school. We stayed home all day until Titus had TKD. Silas and I potted out some seeds for our garden - tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, squash, and more. 

We've had some beautiful weather for little monkeys.

Friday Mercie had a tennis match an hour away and she rode with a friend. Silas and Titus went to my mother-in-law's house, so it was just Zeke, Eli, and me for the night. We got take-out from our favorite fish restaurant which just reopened and watched a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It was fun to spend some time with Eli, especially knowing he is a junior and will be graduating before I know it. 

Saturday morning we woke up to SNOW. Yes - snow in Louisiana in March! The day before it was 84 degrees. That's crazy Louisiana weather for you! Zeke wanted to play in it, so he played outside for a while before he got cold. I watched from the glass doors and Mercie went out and played with him. It warmed up by lunch to the 40s and it all melted away.




How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment