Wednesday, January 26, 2022

The Peaceful Preschool - Letter C

Zeke had a great week learning about the letter C with The Peaceful Preschool! Our books this week were "Caps for Sale", "Corduroy", and "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" - three of our family favorites!

I'll post each activity under the book that we used for inspiration.

CAPS FOR SALE

Such a cute book about some mischievous monkeys and a cap peddler! I found a few printables to go along with this book. 

One of the activities in the Peaceful Preschool guide was to sort coins. I really wasn't sure if Zeke was ready for this activity yet, but I decided to go ahead and give it a try. I used this tray and some plastic coins (nickels, dimes, and pennies). Zeke was actually really great at distinguishing between the coins and sorted the entire tray! 


It also suggested painting a scene from the book, so I printed out a coloring picture of a cap and let Zeke use watercolors. He has started painting objects instead of covering the whole page, and I love the tie-dye look his cap has!


I also found a free printable of some peddler's caps. I shrunk them and glued them to clothespins. I drew some colored lines on a craft stick and Zeke had to clip the hats on the correct colors. This was a great fine motor activity! He also matched caps with the lowercase letters to monkeys with the uppercase letters (A-C onlhy).



He also put coin stickers on his letters. 


He loves feeling the glitter glue on his tactile flashcards!





THE COW 

This poem was included in the curriculum, so I decided to make Zeke some Montessori-friendly cow printables! He really loves worksheets that involve gluing, so I made sure to include one of those!


I created a dot marker letter sheet with Montessori fonts. He loves dot markers! I also used a cow coloring page and added some "C"s for him to dot. I used the same image of the cow to make the counting spots worksheet, where he added brown dot stickers to each cow according to the number. He can recognize numbers 1-5, so we've been doing plenty of activities with those numbers! I also had him count the cows and glue the correct number in the square. 





CHICKA CHICKA BOOM BOOM

Beat you to the top of the coconut tree! This book is so fun to read! I focused on the letters A-C since that is what Zeke has learned so far. I created these worksheets.


I made these cards with numbers and Zeke had to add that many "coconuts" (brown stickers) to each tree. He loves stickers!


I put the upper and lowercase letters for A-C on this tree and gave Zeke a basket with the same moveable alphabet letters. He had to match them to the tree.



I also added circles with the letters and called out a letter for Zeke to "dot" with his marker.


Zeke has always been excellent at tracing, so I made this tracing worksheet with the letters A-C.


We also played with the letters in his name using his moveable alphabet.


I used the same tray he sorted coins in and let him sort his letters A-C. This tray was $10 from Amazon, and I use it for so many different activities!



CORDUROY

Such a cute story! I knew we had to use buttons for these activities, so again I made some worksheets. I make my own worksheets because I can make theme just the level Zeke needs. 



Again, I used this tray and a package of wooden buttons in three sizes. We worked on the vocabulary for "small", "medium", and "large." Zeke was great at noticing the sizes of each button and sorted the whole tray.

He also used the counting cards from The Peaceful Press and small buttons. He put buttons on the numbers and color-coordinated them himself! 


I made a button shape matching worksheet and a coloring page for Zeke.




We are really loving the gentle preschool lessons from The Peaceful Preschool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment