Saturday, July 25, 2026

Week in Review

Some of my favorite moments from this week were:

Meeting my daughter at the halfway mark to pick up my grandson, Daniel, for a week! I drove nearly 3 hours and she drove 2.5 hours, and we met at a Dairy Queen. I got to get some hugs and love from Kenna, my 2-year-old granddaughter, and then we took Daniel with us to spend some time before school starts.


Titus rode with me to keep me company!


Tuesday, we went to one of the nursing homes in our town to do Vacation Bible School with the residents. It was such a blessing for us and for them! We hit around balloons with fly swatters, made a cute flower wreath craft, sang some old hymns and Sunday School songs, listened to a story from Rod, and fed them a snack of ice cream cups! Next Friday we will go to the other nursing home in our town and do the same thing for them.






Wednesday night, we had Children in Action at church. I had Zeke, Zoey, Daniel, and Wednesday, their other cousin who lives in Colorado but came for a few weeks to visit her grandmother.

The kids made up a game that they wanted to play all day, every day! I can't really explain it all, but they got into the fort on the swing set, and they picked different worlds to go to. All I could see was a lot of running around, fighting invisible enemies with sticks. They had so much fun! 


They all coordinated to wear the Toy Story shirts!

Lunchables for lunch one day!

Friday night, all three of the littles went to my mom's house for a sleepover. Silas had a rodeo about 2 and half hours away from here, and it was his first time driving that far away all by himself. I was nervous about it, but he made it safely and will be home tonight. Rod, Titus, and I were the only ones home so we ate Blue Bell ice-cream and watched Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - something we couldn't watch with the little ones at home! It's been a busy week, but I have been so glad for the time with Daniel. He goes back to his mom and dad on Sunday. 

We're planning to start homeschooling the first or second week of August, so I've been getting prepped for that! Our co-op starts September 10, so I have a little time to work on those lessons. Summer seems like it just flew by this year! Of course, we will have temps in the 90's for a few more months, but I'm talking about the "school's out" summer! The older two boys will go back to public school August 13. 

Tomorrow is church and that will wrap up our week!

No comments:

Post a Comment